Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I actually like the look of the guitar. I think it's missing a pickup, though. BTW, good name.

Enjoy your new guitar.
    Foul language is the sign of a weak mind trying to express itself forcibly. * Thankfully, my computer program masks all the foul language and changes it to @&%)7#

Comment

Do you like it? Because that's all that really matters. If you're looking to spend money, forums like these will spend you into the poorhouse. They'll either tell you that you have to buy instruments worth thousands to be any good, or that you have to have 900 different cheap guitars to "cover all the bases". Both are bull****************. Play what you like. Tell everybody else to **************** off.

sig'd
      Gear:
      Epiphone Les Paul Slash AFD Model
      Vox vt20+

Originally Posted by TeleFromHelly

Is that open G?

Originally Posted by xrleroyx

It's in open awesome.

Originally Posted by Help!I'maRock!

Do you like it? Because that's all that really matters. If you're looking to spend money, forums like these will spend you into the poorhouse. They'll either tell you that you have to buy instruments worth thousands to be any good, or that you have to have 900 different cheap guitars to "cover all the bases". Both are bull****************. Play what you like. Tell everybody else to **************** off.

Comment

You probably don't need a new nut. Just a tech that can set up the instrument for you. They can file the nut to accept the new string gauge. The only reason to need a new nut is if you decide to go back down on string gauge and the strings rattle in the oversized grooves. The tuners are probably ok too. They likely need to be tightened. Also should be part of a setup.

I am missing two machine heads, I have to tune my G and E strings with a pair of pliers. Total pain in the ass.
        Originally Posted by Ultrahighgain

...and there it is. The mind is no more than a chemical reaction and when life ends conciousness simply ceases to exist.

Peavey OCC Guitar
        Marshall MG10
        Ernie Ball .010-.052
        Dunlop Tortex .88
        Live Wire Cables

Comment

I am missing two machine heads, I have to tune my G and E strings with a pair of pliers. Total pain in the ass.

if that's the case, then yes, you need new tuners.
          The Common Sense Mets Fan

There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." - Isaac Asimov, Newsweek (21 January 1980)

Comment

Im not a metal guy, but I like it. I can see myself playing slide on it.

Comment

It was mentioned that a lot of hyperbole was cooked up when this guitar first hit the streets and only one of them was sold. Is there possible collector's value down the road? I'd consider that before taking it to a twenty buck hack.
              Irresponsible is what boring people call fun people

Comment

mom & pop store in my town had one a couple months back. Not sure if they still have it though and I don't remember how much he was asking for it. So those were actually sold by wal-mart??
                SPAM:

Custom Wired Strat Pickguard Assemblies - PM me to discuss specs & pricing

Good Trades: PunkKitty, mfergel, Norcal_GIT_r, Chuck1016, Elias Graves, hrcnsfan, ugameus, RosePickups, jelloman, Hookandcanman, Danocoustic

Comment

Guitarist+, if you're around the Detroit area, PM me. I know of a few good techs and depending on what you need done, I might be able to help you.
                  dharmaforone.bandcamp.comListen to my music and such.Strat - Jazzmaster - Bunch of fuzz and delay pedals - map.

Comment

mom & pop store in my town had one a couple months back. Not sure if they still have it though and I don't remember how much he was asking for it. So those were actually sold by wal-mart??

yeah its wal-mart guitar
                    ---
                    And also:

I took it to GC, got the input jack fixed, and instead of having the nut sanded I just decided to use thinner strings (I am now running .52-.10) and they fit perfectly

Next on my list: replace tuners

...and there it is. The mind is no more than a chemical reaction and when life ends conciousness simply ceases to exist.

Peavey OCC Guitar
                    Marshall MG10
                    Ernie Ball .010-.052
                    Dunlop Tortex .88
                    Live Wire Cables

Comment

Cool you're getting it sorted out.
                      Ian, is that you?

Comment

My take?

as a life-long resident of Orange County NY...and born and raised in Montgomery, just a couple blocks from them...

**************** THEM AND ANYTHING ASSOCIATED WITH THEM.

...that is all...

Comment

My take?

as a life-long resident of Orange County NY...and born and raised in Montgomery, just a couple blocks from them...

**************** THEM AND ANYTHING ASSOCIATED WITH THEM.

...that is all...

Don't hold back...Tell us how you really feel!

So, not really watching that program I always thought it was Orange County, CA. It's really NY???
                          SPAM:

Custom Wired Strat Pickguard Assemblies - PM me to discuss specs & pricing

Good Trades: PunkKitty, mfergel, Norcal_GIT_r, Chuck1016, Elias Graves, hrcnsfan, ugameus, RosePickups, jelloman, Hookandcanman, Danocoustic

Comment

Don't hold back...Tell us how you really feel!

So, not really watching that program I always thought it was Orange County, CA. It's really NY???

yep...

Comment

The guitar in action:

Peavey OCC Guitar
                              Marshall MG10
                              Ernie Ball .010-.052
                              Dunlop Tortex .88
                              Live Wire Cables

Comment

My take on this guitar? I find it hilarious that this is the guitar you play when just last week you were advising someone on the purchase of a new Les Paul. The new LPs are a waste of money and sound nothing like an LP should? Please...
                                Since Dylan went electric, man things just ain't been the same; now DJs are making records, could you please just be ashamed? -- Two Cow Garage

Yes, I can actually play: Falstaff

Comment

Working...
                                X