Does anyone have experience with GFS NYII pickups?

Operator

• Members

IMHO One of the best GFS pups made. I have one on my Godin 5th Ave. and absolutely love it. I liked it so much I bought another one. Just haven't found the right guitar for it yet. I know GFS has been catching a lot of flack here lately, and some of it undoubtedly deserved, but they still do some things right and this is one of them.-

"P90 meets DeArmond" is pretty accurate. I also get nice warm jazz tones.

• Members

IMHO One of the best GFS pups made. I have one on my Godin 5th Ave. and absolutely love it. I liked it so much I bought another one. Just haven't found the right guitar for it yet. I know GFS has been catching a lot of flack here lately, and some of it undoubtedly deserved, but they still do some things right and this is one of them.-

"P90 meets DeArmond" is pretty accurate. I also get nice warm jazz tones.

That sounds right up my alley. I'm thinking about getting a Pro Jet and putting them in as a ghetto solution to not being able to afford a real Duo Jet. How's the noise on them? Much hum?

• Members

If they are the Rickenbacker type pups, i bought a set a year ago and never used them yet.

I was going to use them in one build but they have single wires instead of shielded wires which blows.

Installing them in a semihollow body and having to shield the interior of a semi is not plausable.

They should have made them with shielded cables.

• Members

I have no clips, but I installed a pair on a old Harmony Rocket and felt they where a good "fit". Much more output than I anticipated, I'd say they're closer to a P-90 than a Dynasonic (I've owned both). Good clarity, good with distortion...my overall impression was they tended towards the dark side of the tonal spectrum.

Archived