Harmony Central Forums
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone have experience with GFS NYII pickups?

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone have experience with GFS NYII pickups?

I've been trying to Google information on it, but am having a hard time locking down what they are supposed to sound like. What do they sound like? Compared to Tele pickups, P-90s, so forth? As much info as possible would be great.

I've been eyeballing those. From the little I've found, I read P90 meets DeArmond. Chimey but with some mids.

Interested to hear from anyone who's used em, though.

EG
    We're not in Kansas anymore.

Comment

IMHO One of the best GFS pups made. I have one on my Godin 5th Ave. and absolutely love it. I liked it so much I bought another one. Just haven't found the right guitar for it yet. I know GFS has been catching a lot of flack here lately, and some of it undoubtedly deserved, but they still do some things right and this is one of them.-
      "P90 meets DeArmond" is pretty accurate. I also get nice warm jazz tones.

Comment

On your 5th Avenue? That's what I was thinking about! Got any pics or clips?

EG

Comment

IMHO One of the best GFS pups made. I have one on my Godin 5th Ave. and absolutely love it. I liked it so much I bought another one. Just haven't found the right guitar for it yet. I know GFS has been catching a lot of flack here lately, and some of it undoubtedly deserved, but they still do some things right and this is one of them.-
          "P90 meets DeArmond" is pretty accurate. I also get nice warm jazz tones.

That sounds right up my alley. I'm thinking about getting a Pro Jet and putting them in as a ghetto solution to not being able to afford a real Duo Jet. How's the noise on them? Much hum?

Comment

If they are the Rickenbacker type pups, i bought a set a year ago and never used them yet.
            I was going to use them in one build but they have single wires instead of shielded wires which blows.
            Installing them in a semihollow body and having to shield the interior of a semi is not plausable.
            They should have made them with shielded cables.

Comment

On your 5th Avenue? That's what I was thinking about! Got any pics or clips?

EG
              -
              Here's a pic. I'll try and get a clip up tonight after work. Around Midnight .
              -
              It is the rhythm guitar on this song. -
              http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=522756&songID=10240797&sh owPlayer=true

Comment

I have no clips, but I installed a pair on a old Harmony Rocket and felt they where a good "fit". Much more output than I anticipated, I'd say they're closer to a P-90 than a Dynasonic (I've owned both). Good clarity, good with distortion...my overall impression was they tended towards the dark side of the tonal spectrum.
                I make hand painted vintage style fuzzes: http://www.lowbroweffects.com

Comment

That looks right at home on the Godin. I'd love to do one with a pair of em.

EG

Comment

Bump in case anyone has more information they'd like to share.

Comment

Working...
                    X