Lick of the Week - B.B. King!

Mark Wein

Sorry I'm late this week....had a server meltdown last night :o

[video=youtube;nTrArFH3vQg]

Click here for a printable version of this lesson.

Click here for a Guitar Pro version of this lesson.

bbking.png

Here are a couple of "Helper" lessons for this lick:

Using Major and Minor Pentatonic Scales to play through Blues Chord Changes

Using 3rds and 7th as Guide Tones for Blues

We are starting to work out the details for the Open House, Guitar Raffle and free webcast guitar clincs here: http://markweinguitarlessons.com/forums/showthread.php?28763-Suggestions-for-Septembers-open-house-guitar-raffle

• Members

:thu:

Have fun with it and buy "Live at the Regal" if you really want to hear some classic B.B. King. I think it's an album every guitarist should own regardless of style....

Totally agree! If you only own one BB King album, make it 'Live at the Regal'.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

Thanks
:)
Check out the link in post 8 if you want the rest of the solo....

Thanks. I printed it out and will give it a go in a few minutes, once I get tired of watching this guy sit on the Tulsa Clear Channel tower on my other screen. That's a great take on BB. Thank you for sharing.

For other folks interested in recordings, I recommend "My Kind of Blues" and "Great Moments with BB King" aka "Blues is King". The recording of Night Life on the later offerings is my favorite live BB. It really captures the live emotion better than anything I've heard. Live at the Regal may be quintessential, but the two live sides of "Great Moments" have always been my favorite for raw emotion. Most of the good live stuff is on the "Blues is King" single CD from MCA.

Best lesson ever Mark. Transitioning btn Major and Minor is something I've been trying to incorporate for awhile and you just gave me a lot of insight. Big thanks for all you do.

Thanks! You might also dig these then:

Using Major and Minor Pentatonic Scales to play through Blues Chord Changes

Using 3rds and 7th as Guide Tones for Blues

Archived