Got a vox JamVox today

chimi

• Members

Have been interested in one for some time and found one pretty cheap on GC's used website.

I've never had anything like this before and the amount of customization you can do is pretty cool. Finally have some free time so i will be messing with it quite a bit.

Anyone else have one? Any pointers for a first time user?

• Members

Ive had one for a while now..i love it..its GREAT for practicing and writing songs...i use it all time to record ideas using the preprogramed drum tracks and then you can export them to itunes or whatever and burn em onto cd's.. I do that and give em to the guys in the band...the amp sims arent that bad either...sounds way better with headphones, but like you i got this for a song at GC cause they stopped makin em. you can also import your whole itunes libary and play along, using the GXT guitar extraction which supposedly removes the guitar track so you can play...im not crazy about how that works, but i dont use it for that anyway, if i want to play along with a tune i just play it and play over it..I was just using it...perfect for reording a riff and practicing solos over it. also you can record a "recording" and then you can play that and record something over it almost like tracking...thats what i do, you cant do too many cause then things can get a little muddy, it isnt really made for that but i do it...hey for the money ( i think i paid like 70bucks) you cant beat it..has a metronome too.

• Members

Ive had one for a while now..i love it..its GREAT for practicing and writing songs...i use it all time to record ideas using the preprogramed drum tracks and then you can export them to itunes or whatever and burn em onto cd's.. I do that and give em to the guys in the band...the amp sims arent that bad either...sounds way better with headphones, but like you i got this for a song at GC cause they stopped makin em. you can also import your whole itunes libary and play along, using the GXT guitar extraction which supposedly removes the guitar track so you can play...im not crazy about how that works, but i dont use it for that anyway, if i want to play along with a tune i just play it and play over it..I was just using it...perfect for reording a riff and practicing solos over it. also you can record a "recording" and then you can play that and record something over it almost like tracking...thats what i do, you cant do too many cause then things can get a little muddy, it isnt really made for that but i do it...hey for the money ( i think i paid like 70bucks) you cant beat it..has a metronome too.

It may be me not exploring it enough but the only drum tracks i see are all about 12 seconds long. Is there any drum tracks longer than a few seconds available for this? I wish they had pre-programmed jam tracks like Garage band on Mac that you can just solo over...

• Members

It may be me not exploring it enough but the only drum tracks i see are all about 12 seconds long. Is there any drum tracks longer than a few seconds available for this? I wish they had pre-programmed jam tracks like Garage band on Mac that you can just solo over...

the drum tracks can be looped...in the player there is a button you can click that loops the track...it plays like 4 measures and then repeats over and over..thats how i have it set..im pretty sure you click something on the player.

Archived