GPOTD - 8.16.11

Help!I'maRock!

• Members

I can do without the weight and the scrawny neck.

Yea its heavy, so what. LPs are heavy too. They make nice thick padded straps. Try slinging a Gibson Mastertone banjo for 4 or 5 hrs.

Yes neck is thin. A beefier one would be less likely to break if you need to bean somebody with it. Thin, thick, radius, scale length, dont matter. If the guitar plays and stays in tune and sounds good, give me 30 min with the thing and Im fine with it.

• Members

83PeaveyT60Black.jpg

The Blanket its sitting on looks like some excellent PONCHO material! - just sayin ;)

btw - i have no idea what the 'poncho' topic is all about, i just noticed it creeps up from time to time. I believe its a story from before my time on HCEG

• Members

i have a friend who i used to play with who has 12 of these. i think after the 1st one, he paid 50-80 for each of the others - all in playable shape. still think his tone sucks. he is now playing acoustic because no matter what he does, the Peaveys "don't sound right" to him. he thought it was his ears ... it's the guitar. i told him sell them all for one good Strat or LP.

• Members

I'd give it a whirl. The one Peavey I had (T-30) was a damn cute little thing -- great tone, build quality, etc. However, the neck was too small for me -- I originally bought it for my daughter, but she took up the bass instead.

Archived