Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unhappy NGD

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

if i'm gonna spend that kind of money on a guitar, i shouldn't have to play 30 to find a good nor should i have to worry about buying sight unseen... for that kinda' scrilla it should be perfect...
    GUITARS:
    Fender MIM Standard Strat
    Hand Made SG Replica
    Epiphone DOT Studio
    Westbury Standard
    Cort X-5
    New Dawn Signature Prototype
    Frankentele "The Buddy Caster"
    Home Made LP copy "The Swamp Ass"
    AMPS:
    Crate VC3112
    Fender Mustang II

Proud Rose Pickups and Rose Petal Effects user

My Good Deals

Comment

if i'm gonna spend that kind of money on a guitar, i shouldn't have to play 30 to find a good nor should i have to worry about buying sight unseen... for that kinda' scrilla it should be perfect...

Exactly.
      You'd think with the high prices and all the "Only a Gibson is good enough" poser thing, they could at least get their **************** together and you wouldn't have to go through 30 to find a good one.

Comment

That sucks! I guess I got lucky with my MF LP Special...flawless.

Anyway, Shell Pink Tele would rule...I've been saying I'm going to build one for a few years now.

Good luck
        Geezer Brigade Trooper #30
        1st generation Irish

Comment

That's just bad luck. I've ordered over 40 Gibsons, most online, and the only problem was one with a bad 3-way switch.

Not saying there aren't bad ones out there, but you certainly don't have to go through 30 to find a good one like some people like to exaggerate around here...

Comment

That's just bad luck. I've ordered over 40 Gibsons, most online, and the only problem was one with a bad 3-way switch.

Not saying there aren't bad ones out there, but you certainly don't have to go through 30 to find a good one like some people like to exaggerate around here...

See? What did I tell you?

Comment

I think you're making the right choice with the Tele, especially building it yourself but don't worry, the gibson fanboys will be here in no time to say you're full of **************** and your story about a defective gibson can't possibly be true or at best... one in a million.

But this has always been your MO, and I expected no less when I made my post.

Comment

here's a cell phone pic.

I wouldn't say the switch being broken is a big deal. its easy to see how it could snap being in the case. And the black line isn't very noticeable. I just think that its unacceptable for a guitar that sells for $1300 to have basic flaws like that..

I really like the case.

For $1300.00 you should seriously take a look at the Godin line. An XTSA or one of the ICON series are really, really nice for around $1000.00.
                Foul language is the sign of a weak mind trying to express itself forcibly. * Thankfully, my computer program masks all the foul language and changes it to @&%)7#

Comment

that's the entire point though... for what they charge for the ****************ing things, there should never, NEVER be a bad one that leaves the factory... you don't here near as much negativity about Fender or PRS... and i mean for Chris'ts sake, if the Chinese can produce a $130 SX that's perfect as far as fit and finish goes, the "so proud to be made in the USA" workers at Gibson should damn well be able to...
                  GUITARS:
                  Hand Made SG Replica
                  Epiphone DOT Studio
                  Westbury Standard
                  Cort X-5
                  AMPS:
                  Crate VC3112
                  Fender Mustang II

My Good Deals

Comment

I think there is a bit of difference between sharing my experience with Gibson what you told us:
                    But this has always been your MO, and I expected no less when I made my post.

Oh lighten up fanboy! It's just a funny and continue enjoying your 40 gibsons!

Comment

that's the entire point though... for what they charge for the ****************ing things, there should never, NEVER be a bad one that leaves the factory... you don't here near as much negativity about Fender or PRS... and i mean for Chris'ts sake, if a little Chinaman can produce a $130 SX that's perfect as far as fit and finish goes, the "so proud to be made in the USA" workers at Gibson should damn well be able to...

I'm not an expert, but I was under the impression that the phrase "little Chinaman" is derogatory.
                      Guitars: 3 Fender Strats, Fender Jazzmaster, Squier Bullet, 2 Gibson Les Pauls, Gibson ES-339, Gibson Les Paul Jr. Special, Epiphone Les Paul, Epiphone Dot, Epiphone SG, PRS SE Custom 24, Ibanez AS73, Hamer Duotone, Larrivee D-03R, Takamine EG5013S, 1951 Epiphone Devon, Ibanez SR305 (bass)Pedal Chain: BBE Green Screamer -> MXR Distortion III -> Boss CE-5 -> EH Stereo Pulsar -> Boss DD-20 -> BBE Boosta GrandeAmps: Vox AC4, AC15, AC30, Pathfinder 10, DA5SoundCloud

Comment

I'm not an expert, but I was under the impression that the phrase "little Chinaman" is derogatory.

it's a guitar forum, not an ethics forum... but i'll go change it as not to offend anyone...
                        GUITARS:
                        Hand Made SG Replica
                        Epiphone DOT Studio
                        Westbury Standard
                        Cort X-5
                        AMPS:
                        Crate VC3112
                        Fender Mustang II

My Good Deals

Comment

it's a guitar forum, not an ethics forum... but i'll go change it as not to offend anyone...

Ethics should be exercised in public forums, I think, to help foster civility. *derailment over*
                          Guitars: 3 Fender Strats, Fender Jazzmaster, Squier Bullet, 2 Gibson Les Pauls, Gibson ES-339, Gibson Les Paul Jr. Special, Epiphone Les Paul, Epiphone Dot, Epiphone SG, PRS SE Custom 24, Ibanez AS73, Hamer Duotone, Larrivee D-03R, Takamine EG5013S, 1951 Epiphone Devon, Ibanez SR305 (bass)Pedal Chain: BBE Green Screamer -> MXR Distortion III -> Boss CE-5 -> EH Stereo Pulsar -> Boss DD-20 -> BBE Boosta GrandeAmps: Vox AC4, AC15, AC30, Pathfinder 10, DA5SoundCloud

Comment

The Koreans and the Chinese have much better quality control than Gibson. The reason people treasure their "good Gibsons" is because they have a certain "rare" quality about them. I own two Gibsons and I love them, but for what I paid for them the "little things" are the most annoying- those "little things" DO NOT exist in some of the cheaper guitars I have or have owned.

PS- why is "Chinaman" a derogatory term but "Irishman" or "Frenchman" or "Englishman" is not?
                            Utinam logica falsa tuam philosophiam totam suffodiant!

Creativity is a Work Ethic

Comment

Ethics should be exercised in public forums, I think, to help foster civility. *derailment over*

i agree,that's why i changed my post... thanks for calling me on it
                              GUITARS:
                              Hand Made SG Replica
                              Epiphone DOT Studio
                              Westbury Standard
                              Cort X-5
                              AMPS:
                              Crate VC3112
                              Fender Mustang II

My Good Deals

Comment

The Koreans and the Chinese have much better quality control than Gibson.

I've had tons of Asian guitars and a few Gibsons. No way is that true. Hell even my most recent 2011 Studio faded is flawless, no Korean or Chinese import I've owned were at that level and I'm definitely not a Gibson fanboy.

Comment

Working...
                                X