Kicking around the idea of building a raffle guitar to raise money for my daughter's

vintage clubber

• Members

high school orchestra. She plays cello in the orchestra and they have to do several fund raisers each year for trips and stuff. Last spring they went to Disney World to perform.

My idea is to build a tele style in the school colors dark green/light blue and somehow incorporating the school mascot on there via a decal that can be clear coated on the body.

So here are my design ideas:

GFS Paulownia Tele body in British Racing Green with a light blue mirrored pickguard, rosewood board, mascot decal.

GFS Paulownia Tele body in Daphne Blue with white pickguard, maple board, mascot decal to tie in the school colors vs all that green.

Mrs. Clubber wants to know our cost for the parts and has to get approval from the orchestra boosters at the school...:facepalm:

Whatcha think?

• Members

high school orchestra. She plays cello in the orchestra and they have to do several fund raisers each year for trips and stuff. Last spring they went to Disney World to perform.

My idea is to build a tele style in the school colors dark green/light blue and somehow incorporating the school mascot on there via a decal that can be clear coated on the body.

So here are my design ideas:

GFS Paulownia Tele body in British Racing Green with a light blue mirrored pickguard, rosewood board, mascot decal.

GFS Paulownia Tele body in Daphne Blue with white pickguard, maple board, mascot decal to tie in the school colors vs all that green.

Mrs. Clubber wants to know our cost for the parts and has to get approval from the orchestra boosters at the school...
:facepalm:

Whatcha think?

Sounds like a hell of an idea and a great way to pitch in. Kudos. You might want to do the decal on the pickguard, though, so the guitar itself can be used without it. Some people might not dig the mascot (what is it, by the way?) and the pickguard can be removed/replaced easily enough.

Also, I'd go with the green: Daphne Blue might be popular with the X chromosome set, but tele players are mostly guys. Guys would probably be more partial to the green ... or maybe that's just me.

• Members

Thank you, everybody!

I really wasn't fishing for donations, but I am certainly open to it. I'm sure Mrs. Clubber would be ok with it too. I was hoping to fund the parts by doing a couple of repairs/mods, but nothing on my schedule right now.

Here's what I have in mind for the specs/parts:

Paulownia body from GFS

Mighty Mite neck

Wilkinson 3 compensated saddle bridge

Wilkinson Vintage Split Top Safety Post Tuners

Custom Pickups wound RW/RP from each other, wired to a 4 way switch - I have had a few donation offers for these and I am truly overwhelmed at the generosity on this board! :cry:

Electrosocket/Switchcraft jack assembly

We still need to bring this up to the Orchestra Boosters as a new fundraising opportunity.

Oh, the mascot is a hawk. The logos I have seen on the school site seem to slightly resemble the Seatle Seahawks helmet logo if that helps...

I know Atrox did this kind of thing for a few years to raffle among the donors. I would certainly be open to building/assembling more than 1 guitar if there was enough participation so we could raffle one off here.

This is all very hypothetical right now.

• Members

that's a whole guitar, dude! why would you part it out? it's sweet as is!

it's already parted out...the neck and all the hardware is going to EG's kid's tele project...the pickups and pickguard will be spammed...the body would be spammed too, if you don't want it...

...it was alot of effort to discover that I'm simply not a tele person...:o

*ducks to avoid HCEG inquisition*

• Members

it's already parted out...the neck and all the hardware is going to EG's kid's tele project...the pickups and pickguard will be spammed...the body would be spammed too, if you don't want it...

...it was alot of effort to discover that I'm simply not a tele person...
:o

*ducks to avoid HCEG inquisition*

Ideally, if we have enough participation I would love to build two guitars - one for the school raffle and one to raffle here among the donors. Due to time constraints, I don't want to do any finishing so I am doing the school's guitar in a pre finished body with their colors. I would love to use that body for the HCEG donor raffle though! :love:

• Members

Man up and make a double bass!! :o

On a more serious note, great idea, my parts box is unfortunately empty, though I'd be happy to buy a ticket and/or provide useful witticisms at every turn.

EDIT: I lied, I have one Gretsch neck humbucker from a 5122 and 1 Orange drop tone cap if you want them.

• Members

Man up and make a double bass!!
:o

On a more serious note, great idea, my parts box is unfortunately empty, though I'd be happy to buy a ticket and/or provide useful witticisms at every turn.

EDIT: I lied, I have one Gretsch neck humbucker from a 5122 and 1 Orange drop tone cap if you want them.

thank you! I won't know for sure if this project is a go until about this time next month...:o

• Members

Ideally, if we have enough participation I would love to build two guitars - one for the school raffle and one to raffle here among the donors. Due to time constraints, I don't want to do any finishing so I am doing the school's guitar in a pre finished body with their colors. I would love to use that body for the HCEG donor raffle though!
:love:

OK...we can work out a deal that will be beneficial to us both...

...I also have 2 sets of genuine Fender tuners in the parts box...an old set of "F" split-top klusons and a set of sealed Fender minis...we can work out something for them as well...

• Members

Hey Clubber rather than you buy a new neck I would be willing to donate a 1997 Squier Affinity Strat neck. If you cover the shipping cost it's yours. That has to be way cheaper than buying a new neck, even if it a mighty mite. The only issues is that it probably needs new tuners and some fret work because of the frets are high.

But like I said, it's yours if it goes to your daughters school group. Oh... I would also like to purchase a ticket!

Archived