Harmony Central Forums
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kicking around the idea of building a raffle guitar to raise money for my daughter's

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

that's a whole guitar, dude! why would you part it out? it's sweet as is!

it's already parted out...the neck and all the hardware is going to EG's kid's tele project...the pickups and pickguard will be spammed...the body would be spammed too, if you don't want it...

...it was alot of effort to discover that I'm simply not a tele person...

*ducks to avoid HCEG inquisition*

Comment

it's already parted out...the neck and all the hardware is going to EG's kid's tele project...the pickups and pickguard will be spammed...the body would be spammed too, if you don't want it...

...it was alot of effort to discover that I'm simply not a tele person...

*ducks to avoid HCEG inquisition*

Ideally, if we have enough participation I would love to build two guitars - one for the school raffle and one to raffle here among the donors. Due to time constraints, I don't want to do any finishing so I am doing the school's guitar in a pre finished body with their colors. I would love to use that body for the HCEG donor raffle though!
      SPAM:

Custom Wired Strat Pickguard Assemblies - PM me to discuss specs & pricing

Good Trades: PunkKitty, mfergel, Norcal_GIT_r, Chuck1016, Elias Graves, hrcnsfan, ugameus, RosePickups, jelloman, Hookandcanman, Danocoustic

Comment

Man up and make a double bass!!

On a more serious note, great idea, my parts box is unfortunately empty, though I'd be happy to buy a ticket and/or provide useful witticisms at every turn.

EDIT: I lied, I have one Gretsch neck humbucker from a 5122 and 1 Orange drop tone cap if you want them.
        Originally Posted by jelloman

ALL HAIL ALMIGHTY QUOOG!

Originally Posted by csm

The deal is that why Keef is so kool is that he plays like the perfect sideman AND dominates the stage like the perfect co-frontman whilst somehow managing to look as if he's doing both by sheer instinct whilst very, VERY stoned.

'Ducks don't sound like bells'
        -Wyatt
        I have gear list envy

SPAM

Comment

Man up and make a double bass!!

On a more serious note, great idea, my parts box is unfortunately empty, though I'd be happy to buy a ticket and/or provide useful witticisms at every turn.

EDIT: I lied, I have one Gretsch neck humbucker from a 5122 and 1 Orange drop tone cap if you want them.

thank you! I won't know for sure if this project is a go until about this time next month...
          SPAM:

Good Trades: PunkKitty, mfergel, Norcal_GIT_r, Chuck1016, Elias Graves, hrcnsfan, ugameus, RosePickups, jelloman, Hookandcanman, Danocoustic

Comment

Sounds like a fun idea.
            GFS Paulownia Tele body in Daphne Blue with "MINT GREEN" pickguard, maple board, mascot decal to tie in the school colors would be a fine looking guitar.

Comment

thank you! I won't know for sure if this project is a go until about this time next month...

Well that gives you a month to practice bending/arching wood
              Originally Posted by jelloman

ALL HAIL ALMIGHTY QUOOG!

Originally Posted by csm

The deal is that why Keef is so kool is that he plays like the perfect sideman AND dominates the stage like the perfect co-frontman whilst somehow managing to look as if he's doing both by sheer instinct whilst very, VERY stoned.

'Ducks don't sound like bells'
              -Wyatt
              I have gear list envy

SPAM

Comment

Ideally, if we have enough participation I would love to build two guitars - one for the school raffle and one to raffle here among the donors. Due to time constraints, I don't want to do any finishing so I am doing the school's guitar in a pre finished body with their colors. I would love to use that body for the HCEG donor raffle though!

OK...we can work out a deal that will be beneficial to us both...

...I also have 2 sets of genuine Fender tuners in the parts box...an old set of "F" split-top klusons and a set of sealed Fender minis...we can work out something for them as well...

Comment

Chris, Let me know if there is anything I can help with. Not that it helps with a tele build but I've prolly got a pedal or two I could part with.
                  Great Transactions: Vintage Clubber(2), deadllama, bnelly428, jcp42877(2), Aaron SS(2), Timmylikedthing, mikeyElite, Tone Meister, lespaulraider,solewheelin, randel_07, jhamnett, RoboPimp, twotimingpete, Last Nerve, jcm800stratman, d4rk0

Comment

Chris, Let me know if there is anything I can help with. Not that it helps with a tele build but I've prolly got a pedal or two I could part with.

thank you, EJ! Don't be such a stranger! oke:
                    SPAM:

Comment

Hey Clubber rather than you buy a new neck I would be willing to donate a 1997 Squier Affinity Strat neck. If you cover the shipping cost it's yours. That has to be way cheaper than buying a new neck, even if it a mighty mite. The only issues is that it probably needs new tuners and some fret work because of the frets are high.

But like I said, it's yours if it goes to your daughters school group. Oh... I would also like to purchase a ticket!
                      "Man who stand on toilet seat is high on pot"

The Squier Army
                      The "Official" Stratocaster Club

2010 Gisbon Les Paul Studio
                      2001 Fender Fat Strat
                      1997 Squire Strat Project

Blackstar HT1RH w/ 1x12 Eminence Cab

Boss ME-50
                      Whammy IV -> Vox 847 Wah ->TS9 -> Phase 90 -> DigiDelay -> Boss GE7 EQ

Good Transactions: PunkKitty, MetalGuitar08, conky

Comment

Hey Clubber rather than you buy a new neck I would be willing to donate a 1997 Squier Affinity Strat neck. If you cover the shipping cost it's yours. That has to be way cheaper than buying a new neck, even if it a mighty mite. The only issues is that it probably needs new tuners and some fret work because of the frets are high.

But like I said, it's yours if it goes to your daughters school group. Oh... I would also like to purchase a ticket!

Thank you! I really do want to use new necks for these builds. I want this to be better than anything they pull off the rack for under a grand.
                        SPAM:

Comment

Working...
                        X