DC peeps - Filmore to open in Silver Spring

Snambo

• Members

DC Metro area has some great venues to watch bands...but it could use another big name arena close to town.

http://fillmoresilverspring.com/index

There's some bands in there that may seem like brown bananas but I still want to go see some (Cheap Trick? Never seen them - but I must.). Even Yngwie is on the bill for those of you that enjoy watching scales being practiced :phil:.

• Members

That's LiveNation/Tickermasters big attempt to try and wipe out their biggest thorn in the side...the 930 Club. It'll be interesting, national touring bands hate coming to DC as is because the crowds are so lifeless. It can't support both clubs too long (ask a band and they'll usuly say they Baltimore or Richmond for audiences). i'm indifferent myself, I don't see myself crossing into Maryland for something as minor as a band.

• Members

That's LiveNation/Tickermasters big attempt to try and wipe out their biggest thorn in the side...the 930 Club.

Really? I thought it was a totally different market. 930 caters to the up and coming as well as the established. Filmore seems to have bands that are a bit past their prime but are still big names. Didn't know about the Livenation affiliation. Oh well. I still sometimes watch local Fox news in the morning. And I'm still going to Cheap Trick... and maybe Primus... Blondie too.

Archived