So I posted my Parker Fly Deluxe for trade...

RaVenCAD

• Members

And here is what I've got offered so far:

First is a PRS Starla goldtop. He's also offering an XBox 360 Elite to go along with it.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]337836[/ATTACH]

Second is a 176 Gibson Les Paul - Norlin era, pancake body, probably a dud.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]337835[/ATTACH]

Third is a Taylor Solidbody Classic and a Crate Palomino amp.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]337834[/ATTACH]

Any thoughts? I'm not dying to trade the Parker, but I wanted to see what was out there.

• Members

Dude your like me when it comes to this....LOL..the trade bug is always there!! but i'd give some serious consideration to that Taylor man...ive seen demos on them and they look/sound sweet..you can swap pickups solderlessley..and the tone controls work really unique...ive been GASSING for one of those...love Parkers but having gotten rid of two they are an aquired taste

• Members

If we are talking about the older Parker Fly Delux'es...then I'd say the Taylor + the amp is a win for you in terms of $$. Not that the Parker is not a great guitar, but strictly in terms of real $$ in the used market.

• Members

I've had a bunch of offers on the thing, but I think the only thing I'd trade it for is a nice current Les Paul Standard or Traditional, and that's strictly from a value standpoint. I had one offer of a 1976 Les Paul Custom, but I'm a little too leary of Norlin stuff to go for that one. I dunno though, I might just keep it. It's a very amazing guitar.

• Members

I had one offer of a 1976 Les Paul Custom, but I'm a little too leary of Norlin stuff to go for that one.

Why presumably a dud? Internet folklore? They're not all turds. The '70s customs continue to climb in value. It would definitely be worth checking out. If it sucks you can always say "no thank you."

• Members

Yeap, a week ago and I love it. But I'm always looking for a great trade. It'll have to be an awesome one to get the Fly though.

Very wise move..Raven.

;)

You should be able to get a lot of guitar, if you wait for the right guy.

Flippin is fun!

• Members

I found the same Taylor on Ebay for $800 and the amp for $200.. The Starla is $1700 new, plus whatever that Hagstrom thing was worth. I found a 1976 Les Paul Custom in Ebay's completed auctions for $2900.. The LP is by far the best deal financially, but I simply don't want it. I detest those old natural LPs.. So while I want to make a smart trade and always trade up, I want something I'll enjoy owning.

• Members

That Starla is horrendous looking.

And you've discovered that the Taylors aren't worth much. My local Best Buy was clearing them out new for $799 (possibly $749) a while back. Nice guitars but they just felt like they had no identity (stupid thing to say, but whatever).

• Members

No, that's not stupid, I get it. That's one thing I like about the Parker. It's funky and odd, but at the same time, it's very advanced and versatile. No one looks at it and goes "ho hum, another boring Strat/Tele/Les Paul".. Plus that bitchin plum color turns a few heads too. Here I am, talking myself out of trading hehehe

Maybe I'll just trade my Carvin CT off instead? lol, yeah right!

Archived