Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

So I posted my Parker Fly Deluxe for trade...

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So I posted my Parker Fly Deluxe for trade...

And here is what I've got offered so far:

First is a PRS Starla goldtop. He's also offering an XBox 360 Elite to go along with it.

Second is a 176 Gibson Les Paul - Norlin era, pancake body, probably a dud.

Third is a Taylor Solidbody Classic and a Crate Palomino amp.

Any thoughts? I'm not dying to trade the Parker, but I wanted to see what was out there.
    Signature...

nah.
    The Common Sense Mets Fan

There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." - Isaac Asimov, Newsweek (21 January 1980)

Comment

If they are local I would play all three and see. If not, it would depend on what you are looking for. That Taylor might be a sweet axe, but I presume the fly is badass too
      Great Deals

Originally Posted by jjpistols

Damn son! Not only are you a master dealer, I also crown you king of the multiquote!

PLATINUM TRADER + 20

M*B*M
      SG ARMY: pfc, res.
      Ibanez Art Corps

Comment

But didn't you just get the Parker?

I musta missed something....
        ...when I'm 64...

Comment

But didn't you just get the Parker?

I musta missed something....

Yeap, a week ago and I love it. But I'm always looking for a great trade. It'll have to be an awesome one to get the Fly though.
          Signature...

Comment

Definately not.
            Originally Posted by Hopeless

I wouldn't recommend them for metal, but then I also wouldn't recommend playing metal.

Originally Posted by Django Sentenza

When you've founded an entire branch of science dedicated to quantifying taste, get back to me.

Comment

The guy with the Starla is now also offering a 1974 Hagstrum HIIN.. Never heard of it. Anyone got details on that one?

EDIT: Google shows me this:

Totally not my style, but I'm always looking for something to flip..
              Signature...

Comment

Dude your like me when it comes to this....LOL..the trade bug is always there!! but i'd give some serious consideration to that Taylor man...ive seen demos on them and they look/sound sweet..you can swap pickups solderlessley..and the tone controls work really unique...ive been GASSING for one of those...love Parkers but having gotten rid of two they are an aquired taste
                "The function of music is to release us from the tyranny of conscious thought"
                Sir Thomas Beecham

Comment

Oh i just looked at ur orig post again...hes throwing in the Crate amp with the Taylor too??? Theres your answer man...id go for the Taylor and Crate!!
                  "The function of music is to release us from the tyranny of conscious thought"
                  Sir Thomas Beecham

Comment

If we are talking about the older Parker Fly Delux'es...then I'd say the Taylor + the amp is a win for you in terms of $$. Not that the Parker is not a great guitar, but strictly in terms of real $$ in the used market.
                    ***Please check out some of my songs. Thanks!***
                    http://www.soundclick.com/bands/defa...?bandID=789610

Comment

I've had a bunch of offers on the thing, but I think the only thing I'd trade it for is a nice current Les Paul Standard or Traditional, and that's strictly from a value standpoint. I had one offer of a 1976 Les Paul Custom, but I'm a little too leary of Norlin stuff to go for that one. I dunno though, I might just keep it. It's a very amazing guitar.
                      Signature...

Comment

Id at least look at the 76 LPC.
                        I one day hope to be the man my dog thinks I am.WORDS OF WISDOM FROM VARIOUS MEMBERS"most often the guitar will rise or fall to the level of the player""people overthink ****************""Sometimes you gotta know when to shut the **************** up and have a little class. Not you, you're special.""If it sounds good to you then it sounds good"The bull**************** and myths in the guitar world are stacked very high.

Comment

nah, it was one of those natural finish 70s specials.. I could just hear disco music oozing out of the picture. One dude offered me a Starla and and old Hagstrom for it, so value wise, it's not that far from a current Les Paul.
                          Signature...

Comment

I had one offer of a 1976 Les Paul Custom, but I'm a little too leary of Norlin stuff to go for that one.

Why presumably a dud? Internet folklore? They're not all turds. The '70s customs continue to climb in value. It would definitely be worth checking out. If it sucks you can always say "no thank you."
                            Since Dylan went electric, man things just ain't been the same; now DJs are making records, could you please just be ashamed? -- Two Cow Garage

Yes, I can actually play: Falstaff

Comment

So far you haven't posted anything that would even come close for me.
                              2006 PRS Singlecut Trem Satin Blue Matteo
                              2006 Fender Custom Shop Heavy Relic 69 Stratocaster
                              Eleven Rack
                              Kurzweil PC88
                              Kurzweil K2600
                              DSI Prophet 08
                              "http://www.youtube.com/user/mnewb1

Comment

Working...
                              X