NGD sam ash clearance charvel

maltomario

• Members

was brand new in box, pretty good deal for $497 + tax on clearance. I personally don't really dig this color but my wife loved it.. and you gots ta make the womenz happy

back is actually opaque.. smokey brown almost black color. neck feels like a different carve than the usa charvels i own.. and the neck isn't as smooth. will take some steel wool and more tru oil to it soon to fix that up.

6067389338_7fe4e32741_b.jpg

6067348862_15090de479_b.jpg

6067353108_6624c9e781_b.jpg

6067359138_5179a2ce0d_b.jpg

6067364228_f1c2a3e4f5_b.jpg

6066822381_5440f4e1fd_b.jpg

6066827773_486e294c9c_b.jpg

6067350066_83709e4a0d_b.jpg

• Members

Why am I more impressed by your stack of guitar strings than the guitar?

thats not even all of them.. i have another 60 sets in my storage area.. lol. I figure I must have stockpile of at least 170+ sets. Waiting for D'addario to have that '59 LP burst in their players points catalog.. lol

• Members

Feel free to send some my way, I'm too stingy to keep a stash of strings.
:)

I can promise you I paid far less than normal retail price.. I bought all they had at guitar center when they rung up $6 on clearance for a 10pack of EXL110's. Now that I'm no longer gigging, these will last me almost a lifetime..

• Members

now there's a guitar with a rare combo of looks, tone and a neck with NO brakes to impede playing whatever u want ala most teles , strats, and especially LP's with their cramped fret spacing up high, stiff action, overly chunky neck, clunky heel and in most cases, a combo of all those! I had a light aqua colored USA San Dimas that ruled but wasn't as fancy as that one...If those are SD Distortion's in the bridge , they are the best pickups I've ever heard...nice! :cool:

• Members

In store only at Sam Ash...

yep.. though some guys mentioned getting lucky and having other dealers price match... YMMV

As luck would have it I was vacationing in long island ny.. took my boy to the bronx zoo.. my hotel was quite literally next door to sam ash in carle place ny. that store didn't have stock but the other closest sam ash did have it in stock. So after the zoo trip on way back to hotel I popped in, and snatched it up. It was not tagged at clearance price and none of the employees knew it was priced that low until it was rung up at register.

• Members

That's nice! I really dig that LP all access job on the wall back there!

yeah thanks.,. that is one of my 2 favorite guitars in my entire collection. put alot of hours on that axcess and it has made me lots of money. i snagged that one from MF when they had a ridiculous sale going on the axcess models..

• Members

That is freaking gorgeous even though I am not a big fan of green, but I would definitely of picked that up for that price... Great deal, congrats...

Why am I more impressed by your stack of guitar strings than the guitar?

Dam if your impressed with that you should see my string box. With 25 guitars I have like 4 cases of strings. I use like 4 different gauges depending on the guitar and if it has a tremolo or not. So I keep a lot of strings on hand...

• Members

I can promise you I paid far less than normal retail price.. I bought all they had at guitar center when they rung up $6 on clearance for a 10pack of EXL110's. Now that I'm no longer gigging, these will last me almost a lifetime..

you don't see yourself ever going back to a band situation?

Archived