Bbreaker

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I am not sure
Gibson is a bang for buck
guitar company.

I don't think Fender are either. In fact Fender are just as overpriced as Gibson - if you compare their guitars (that are usually just single slabs of wood), with Gibson's guitars that don't have a fancy top (eg. SG - it would be unfair to compare construction costs of a les paul with a tele for example), Gibson is actually probably in the same ball park.

Fender, Am St Telecaster - around

• Members

I don't think Fender are either. In fact Fender are just as overpriced as Gibson - if you compare their guitars (that are usually just single slabs of wood), with Gibson's guitars that don't have a fancy top (eg. SG - it would be unfair to compare construction costs of a les paul with a tele for example), Gibson is actually probably in the same ball park.

Fender, Am St Telecaster - around

• Members

"There is nothing in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and he who considers price only is that man's lawful prey" - John Ruskin, from a big poster that hung on the wall of the Baskin Robbins where I worked as a teenager. Much truth.

A fine quotation, which I guess is exactly the point I was trying to make: suggesting that a particular company is more over-priced than another is a bit silly, but particularly silly when it is incorrect. However, not sure John Ruskin, as great an artist as he was (well, quite good), would have ever played the electric guitar... although he was only about 47 years off.

p003k9bv_640_360.jpg

Archived