Photo thread. Post > colour accurate < pics of your blue guitars

grumphh

• Members

Show off your luvverly blue guitars ;) Any and all blue guitars welcome - on one condition... :D

That you actually take care to get your photos to match the colour as you see it in your room under normal daylight conditions.

Of course additional photos with different lighting are welcome, but at least one pic should represent the colour as the guitar really appears to you.

Edit: Please also tell us make of the guitar and what the colour on your guitar is called ;)

For the less photo savvy:

Please look at the last picture in this post (the collage) and note how the same guitar can appear in many different colours - making determining what colour you actually have quite difficult.

Tips for pics:

Usually getting the colour right involves careful placement of guitar in good light, taking the pic from the correct angle, correct exposure time and adjustment of white balance - either on the camera or with the software that is provided with some cameras.

And after that you may have to check that your conversion to .jpg doesn't affect the colour representation too.

Finally a fairly well adjusted PC monitor helps too - i mean, it doesn't help if you have it showing up all correct on your monitor if your monitors settings are way out of whack :)

The reason for this thread is that i have this agave blue strat where i just couldn't get the colour (as i see it) to show up properly until today. (Yay! :D )

And it would be great to have some sort of "knowledge base" / reference chart for blue comparison purposes.

Here is the colour of my Agave blue strat:

1. Detail from pic 2 - the sun and magnification exaggerate the metallic sparkle in the inner curve, but otherwise this is a fairly accurate representation of the colour :)

agave_blue1.jpg

2. Whole body - where only the lower part of the pic shows the true colour

agave_blue2.jpg

3. Demonstration pic: A collage of how the guitars colours can show up in many different shades

agave_collage.jpg

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I don't own any blue guitars, but . . . . color accurate depends totally on whether your display and that of the poster are both calibrated identically. It could appear color accurate at his end and be a green guitar at yours.

Did i write that in my initial post or not? :D

• Members

That looks like Agave Blue to me.

One of the points of this thread was to get accurate pics so that we could easily identify colours that are notoriously difficult to photograph.

Hence the request for "colour accurate" pics :idea:

...and that strat looks like Ice Blue Metallic to me anyway :D

• Members

Colour, name?
:mad:

BTW, cool colour
:)

You know, I am not sure. It's kinda lake placid but not really. The body is from a 2001 deluxe powerhouse strat and fender does claim it to be lake placed blue but it is not typical of that colour code. It's a tiny bit lighter and has a hue of aqua I suppose.

Archived