X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1970 Gibson guitar catalog

Originally Posted by csm

You get a limited-edition self-relic'ing guitar at no extra cost and you're COMPLAINING?

[Insert religious affiliation political party and or spiritual belief here]

57 Gibson Cg-530, 66 Teisco Mosrite "clone", 78 Rickenbacker something or other, 80's St. Blues, Classic Vibe 60's strat, Fender Blacktop HH strat, Switch Sig Stein, Switch Tele style, Austin SG, Yamaha something, lol.
    Vox Ampeg Peavey Hartke Bogen and Bugera amps, every tube pedal i can find. Muff. Loopers.

That ES-120T looks funky!

Comment

Originally Posted by csm

You get a limited-edition self-relic'ing guitar at no extra cost and you're COMPLAINING?

57 Gibson Cg-530, 66 Teisco Mosrite "clone", 78 Rickenbacker something or other, 80's St. Blues, Classic Vibe 60's strat, Fender Blacktop HH strat, Switch Sig Stein, Switch Tele style, Austin SG, Yamaha something, lol.
      Vox Ampeg Peavey Hartke Bogen and Bugera amps, every tube pedal i can find. Muff. Loopers.

Comment

That's pretty cool. Wish I could afford one of those Les Paul Recording guits, always liked them.
        Live Rig:
        Gretsch Tenny and Gibson SG Classic -> Some neat effects -> Peavey Classic 50 410 and/or Marshall JTM60 310
        Need an exceptionally cheap sound guy in the general Western Pennsylvania area? PM Me.
        Do you like Free Candy? Yeah? Then like my band!
        Had a good trade/transaction/deal? Click here to tell HCEG about it!
        Proud to be 1st Lieutenant in the SG Army Special Forces

Comment

it's always cool to see these old catalogs....
          Member of the SG Army

Comment

I can't believe it! I had one of those Melody Maker 12 strings in Pelham Blue. I bought it from Bobby Troup's father who owned a music store in my home town. IIRC I payed $125 new. I wonder what it would be worth today.

Comment

Les Paul Jumbo Flattop - never seen that before! Pretty cool!
              - Gibson ES-335
              - Gibson Hummingbird
              - Fender Strat MIM
              - Ovation Tangent & Tangent Bass
              - Vox AC15C1 - British Racing Green

F-Holes

Originally Posted by GreatDane

the player plays, but the instrument should inspire.

Comment

That ES-120T looks funky!

A friend of mine had one when he was a kid that he dug out of his basement. I cleaned it up and played it for a sort of important gig I had. I thought it was pretty ****************ty, but quirky enough to own. then he told me that he was gonna cut me a deal and sell it to me for only $1500. Whatevs! It wasn't THAT cool.

It was sort of a cowboy guitar. This body, like 1 1/2" deep. The one with the p90 is way better. that melody maker pickup and the 3/4" thick "pickguard" thing kinda sucked. It doesn't have an f-hole on that side, so you can't just scrap the PG and screw a real pickup on it.
                This space intentionally left blank

Comment

Glad you guys enjoyed. Id take, well, anything in there, but especially the odd li lp.
                  Originally Posted by csm

Comment

Ah yes -- with the soft-focus of many years the detritus from the nadir of the CBS/Norlin era become highly sought vintage items. Perhaps I've lived too long...
                    You have the right to free speech, as long as you're not dumb enough to actually try it. -- Joe Strummer

Comment

My SG jr looks slot like that one. Yeah, that Les Paul jumbo is freaky. Wonder how many were made...
                      —-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hello, friend.

Comment

Ah yes -- with the soft-focus of many years the detritus from the nadir of the CBS/Norlin era become highly sought vintage items. Perhaps I've lived too long...

They were still building them pretty well in '70, though. Still had mahogany necks and they hadn't yet gotten into those horrible clownbursts.

Anyone ever seen or played a Crest?

Comment

No, but I want to!
                          Originally Posted by csm

Comment

Very cool post!
                            2006 PRS Singlecut Trem Satin Blue Matteo
                            2006 Fender Custom Shop Heavy Relic 69 Stratocaster
                            Eleven Rack
                            Kurzweil PC88
                            Kurzweil K2600
                            DSI Prophet 08
                            "http://www.youtube.com/user/mnewb1

Comment

Would you be so kind as to post some pictures of their flattop guitars (maybe over on the Acoustic Forum)? I have a J-50 from around 1970 and I would like to compare. THX!

Comment

Working...
                              X