I must have a Pelham Blue guitar!!! I MUST!

jimtalkbox

• Members

I saw this today over in the "Effects" forum.

shop-kid-albums-work-guitars-picture3488

shop-kid-albums-work-guitars-picture3487

Then cursed the heavens when it seemed as though these were "UK ONLY SPECIAL EDITION" guitars... If anyone has a lead on one of these in the U.S., it'd be much appreciated.

Also, please feel free to show off your Pelham Blue pron. As you can tell, I'm OBSESSED with having a guitar this color.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I've been on a guitar refinish kick lately... I was thinking about getting something like an Epi G400, stripping the finish, fulling in the neck pickup hole and refinishing it in Pelham blue with a small SG Jr type pickguard.

I actually bought an used Epi Special for super cheap with the intention of refinishing it in Pelham, but I absolutely loathed that guitar.

Or... a Wilshire with mini HBs would be pretty sweet in Pelham as well but if I end up doing anything, it will very likely be the SG Jr route.

• Members

I've been on a guitar refinish kick lately... I was thinking about getting something like an Epi G400, stripping the finish, fulling in the neck pickup hole and refinishing it in Pelham blue with a small SG Jr type pickguard.

I actually bought an used Epi Special for super cheap with the intention of refinishing it in Pelham, but I absolutely loathed that guitar.

Or... a Wilshire with mini HBs would be pretty sweet in Pelham as well but if I end up doing anything, it will very likely be the SG Jr route.

I've actually been getting estimates to have my Dearmond Jetstar (sort of a Guild Thunderbird reissue) re-finished in Pelham Blue. I made a rendering in Illustrator. I'll try to post it sometime soon. In the meantime, here's an online photo of what it looks like in it's current state: (not my photo):

Ruby.jpg

What do you guys think? Yes or No?

• Members

Lawd help, I want that. Of course the US doesn't get the cool stuff....at least we don't get a2m/gaped on the pricing like the UK does....

GAWD! I know... WHY IN THE F*** do we not get cool crap like this?!?!? It's not like there's not a market for it!

• Members

I've actually been getting estimates to have my Dearmond Jetstar (sort of a Guild Thunderbird reissue) re-finished in Pelham Blue. I made a rendering in Illustrator. I'll try to post it sometime soon. In the meantime, here's an online photo of what it looks like in it's current state: (not my photo):

Ruby.jpg

What do you guys think? Yes or No?

Hey... that's Krashpad's pic!

I think it would look OK in Pelham... but I'm definitely feeling the idea of an SG more.

• Members

Hey... that's Krashpad's pic!

I think it would look OK in Pelham... but I'm definitely feeling the idea of an SG more.

Krashpad actually helped me find the Jetstar I own currently. (It belonged to a friend of his!) It had been stored away for years and by the time I got it it still had the plastic on the pickguard! A great guitar and in flawless condition!

• Members

Then cursed the heavens when it seemed as though these were "UK ONLY SPECIAL EDITION" guitars... If anyone has a lead on one of these in the U.S., it'd be much appreciated.

Also, please feel free to show off your Pelham Blue pron. As you can tell, I'm OBSESSED with having a guitar this color.

WTF it says Epiphone on the headstock???

... Which means I could possibly afford one... :idea:

Oh my bad............ GAS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :facepalm:

• Members

Pelham Blue & Lake Placid Blue are the same color

In the early sixties Gibson offered many colors which seemed to echo the colors of Fender. One such color is Pelham Blue. It is lighter than Fender's Lake Placid Blue and is a metallic derived from the 1960 Cadillac color of the same name. As with all metallic colors spray the first coats very lightly and clear coat to complete.

No, it isn't.

EG

• Members

In the early sixties Gibson offered many colors which seemed to echo the colors of Fender. One such color is Pelham Blue. It is lighter than Fender's Lake Placid Blue and is a metallic derived from the 1960 Cadillac color of the same name. As with all metallic colors spray the first coats very lightly and clear coat to complete.

No, it isn't.

EG

Interesting.

• Members

I saw one on ebay this week, and it was a US seller, so must be a couple here! I have a Jay Turser Surfmaster that's almost Pelham, a lil more silvery though.-Adam

Archived