Squier CV Neck Finish

Ruction11

• Members

Does anybody else dislike the finish on the CV necks. I got my CV tele about a year and a half ago and after about the first week, I ended up taking a scotch brite pad to the sticky finish on the back of the neck. Now it's smooth as silk. Has anyone else done this?

• Members

I like it. It feels the same as my CIJ52 which is also poly. What I didnt like was the finish on my 52RI, so much that I stripped it off and put a few coats of Tru Oil on.

Id love to get that satin-poly feel of the roadworns. Thats the slickest neck Ive ever played.

• Members

I usually sand & steel wool poly necks to combat the sticky, and it always has worked, though in a couple of cases it's changed the color of the neck a bit - I don't care, but for re-sale it can be an issue.

Haven't owned a CV (yet), but the ones I've played would be no exception - I'd take off their gloss for sure.

I do own a couple of PRS SE guitars that have painted, gloss necks but for some reason they've stayed super slick, never felt the urge to take off the gloss.

Archived