MIM Classic Series '50's Strat - pickguard color other than white or black?

vintage clubber

• Members

I'm looking at changing up my '50's strat. Here is the current look:

SurfMonsterPrototype.jpg

The Lipsticks are going to another guitar and I will probably be moving the CS Fat '50s from this guitar (Creamsickle) to the '50's strat:

IMG_4146-1.jpg

Creamsickle is getting a set of BG Phatties.

I was considering the Gilmour set up on the black one, but so many people have already done that one. So now I am considering tortoise, but I'm not sure how it will look with the maple board. I definately like it with the rosewood board:

IMG_5204.jpg

• Members

I'd go with parchment.

I have a '50s Classic myself (Daphne Blue). Love that guitar! It's totally stock. So far it's the strat I've most bonded with. (I've got others around like an EJ, SRV, Am Deluxe, etc, but I just like to grab that '50s Classic)

But the one thing I've thought I'd like to have on it is a parchment instead of white pg. The rest of the plastic looks aged, but the pg looks a bit too shiny and new.

• Members

I'd go with parchment.

I have a '50s Classic myself (Daphne Blue). Love that guitar! It's totally stock. So far it's the strat I've most bonded with. (I've got others around like an EJ, SRV, Am Deluxe, etc, but I just like to grab that '50s Classic)

But the one thing I've thought I'd like to have on it is a parchment instead of white pg. The rest of the plastic looks aged, but the pg looks a bit too shiny and new.

Honestly, Daphne looks good with almost anything. I actually believe it's the Fender color that looks great with the widest variety of pickguards. White, black, parchment, mint, tortoise...

Here's my Daphne Blue Highway One body (formerly Doc Morbius's) with a Parchment guard, cream Laces and temporary white knobs. Eventually, I'm going to swap some things around and put a set of BG Phatties in an aged pearloid guard and put that on Daphne.

This guitar:

DSC_8598a1.jpg

With this guard:

DSC_4371a1.jpg

• Members

thank you! I love the look with the rosewood board...
:thu:

I may keep the lipsticks in it and do the plain black guard with chrome knobs and make it a chrome/lipstick Gilmour...
:o

I was just going to recommend this. Classic and classy. Looks great with a maple board too.

• Members

Well how stupid of me to make a suggestion in a thread asking for suggestions!

Nobody called you stupid...It is simply my preference not to alter a Classic Series '50's strat to accomodate a bridge humbucker. Honestly, I prefer my strats to be SSS configured anyway. No harm, no foul...:thu:

[video=youtube;B65mtE2TN1w]

:wave:

Archived