RG350MPWH.gif

To this

DSC_0014.jpg

DSC_0021.jpg

DSC_0026.jpg

DSC_0018.jpg

DSC_0016.jpg

:rawk:

I've wanted a single humbucker guitar for a while now. When I saw this RG model I figured it would be the perfect candidate. The pickguard is silver pearl and came from Terrapin guitars. The pickup is a Dimarzio Air Zone. I'm really digging this pickup. Medium output, tight bottom with a bit of bite on top but not too much.

What do you think?

• Members

Thanks. I was thinking of a pickguard with some color like a red, blue, or green but the more I thought about it, the less I liked it. So I took a shot with this one. I'm pretty happy with the way it came out. I still need to do some final setup work but that's about it.

• Members

I like what you've done here. I'd have gone with a black guard, and a tone zone, but that's me.

Emjot that thing! It's classy.

I was going to pull the trigger on a black guard with a zebra pup but decided against it. As for pups, I dig the TZ but wanted more of a medium output pup. Dimarzio says the AZ is basically a lower output TZ. Not sure how accurate that statement is but so far I'm really liking the AZ.

• Members

I was going to pull the trigger on a black guard with a zebra pup but decided against it. As for pups, I dig the TZ but wanted more of a medium output pup. Dimarzio says the AZ is basically a lower output TZ. Not sure how accurate that statement is but so far I'm really liking the AZ.

Well either way, that's a nice one. I should think the AZ would sound a little browner with the TZ being a little tougher and tighter.

• Members

Well either way, that's a nice one. I should think the AZ would sound a little browner with the TZ being a little tougher and tighter.

That's kind of what I was hoping for. Somebody over on at the Metro amp boards mentioned liking the AZ for an all around VH type pup.

:thu:

• Members

That's kind of what I was hoping for. Somebody over on at the Metro amp boards mentioned liking the AZ for an all around VH type pup.

:thu:

Yeah, I've never knowingly played one, but DiMarzio can put together a SERIOUS humbucker. I'm in love with the TZ/Evo combo they put in the Charvel Pro Mods, frickin fantastic. Brown to brootz, surf to jazz... mmmmmm...

Archived