Show me your ES 339's!

jrfan

• Members

I went to GC yesterday to see if they had any of the new Epi 339's - none. They did have this Ibanez - same series as my red one but without the bigsby:

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/ibanez-am73b-electric-guitar/518143000001000

It was sweet looking and had good size F holes...:D I didn't buy it because I am very happy with my red one. Like the 339, it is a small bodied double cutaway semi-hollow. Is your SX not doing it for you?

• Members

I went to GC yesterday to see if they had any of the new Epi 339's - none. They did have this Ibanez - same series as my red one but without the bigsby:

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/ibanez-am73b-electric-guitar/518143000001000

It was sweet looking and had good size F holes...
:D
I didn't buy it because I am very happy with my red one. Like the 339, it is a small bodied double cutaway semi-hollow. Is your SX not doing it for you?

No Chris, the SX semi hollow is great after the upgrades.

My very first electric back in the early eighties was a worn and battle scarred Gibson es347 I believe.

Trapeze tailpiece,Varitone and all.

I was 16 and ES Gibson's were seriously uncool back in the hair metal heyday (at least among my guitar playing friends) so I stupidly sold it.

I have always wanted another.

• Members

No Chris, the SX semi hollow is great after the upgrades.

My very first electric back in the early eighties was a worn and battle scarred Gibson es347 I believe.

Trapeze tailpiece,Varitone and all.

I was 16 and ES Gibson's were seriously uncool back in the hair metal heyday (at least among my guitar playing friends) so I stupidly sold it.

I have always wanted another.

I'm curious about the Epi 339 myself...:thu:

Archived