NGD LTD Phoenix 1000..question.

craigny

• Members

Hey all , just scored this in a trade with Bozz..thanks man:thu: and i LOVE this guitar...this will now be my #1 six banger. Anyway the bridge pickup seems to be replaced with a zebra version which he believes is either another JB (which is what is supposed to be in here stock with a cover) or perhaps a Custom Custom, he did not install it...not sure without taking it out to see what it is. the pickup does not say Seymour Duncan, but it looks like they ordered the zebra covers for it so maybe thats why its not labeled??...I do like the way it sounds but im such a dimarzio fanboy that im seriously considering taking the Tonezone and Paf36th that i just put in my Fireman and putting them in here...there is a '59 in the neck that sounds ok but i think the PAF sounds way better, with Distortion both sets sound good, but the dimarzio's sound better clean imo..i dunno what to do...i know if i leav them in ill be asking myself what if, but again the guitar does sound good??? WHAT SHOULD I DO!!! anyway here is a lousy pic

IMG_20111217_152120.jpg

• Members

and i LOVE this guitar...this will now be my #1 six banger.

Heard this before! :cop:

HNGD man, i think these are sweet guitars! :wave:

Its annoying, I had my heart set on the white ESP one of these but when I finally got a chance to play it it didnt speak to me (plus I think the neck was twisted...) but I then went on to get my Jim Root strat so alls good :D

How does this compare to that Snakebyte you had? Im gassing for one of those :cry:

• Members

Heard this before!
:cop:

HNGD man, i think these are sweet guitars!
:wave:
Its annoying, I had my heart set on the white ESP one of these but when I finally got a chance to play it it didnt speak to me (plus I think the neck was twisted...) but I then went on to get my Jim Root strat so alls good
:D

How does this compare to that Snakebyte you had? Im gassing for one of those
:cry:

The build quality on both guitars (Korea) is spot on...i tell ya man LTD cant be beat for the price...Best quality of the less expensive lines of the major brands by a MILE....If i remember the neck on the Snakebyte was a little more D shaped and the Phoenix is more of a C....both play like butter...this has a bare/satin finish, the Snakebyte was painted....the neck on the Phoenix is one of the most comfortable if not the most comfortable ive ever played. Ovbiously the main difference is pickups...Snakebyte EMG's, Phoenix Duncans (JB/59 stock anthough the bridge pu was replaced with i believe a Custom Custom or a Zebra JB?, wont know till it comes out ) but the Dimarzios are going in. My review...cant go wrong with either guitar!!

Archived