Do you have a guitar under the tree this Christmas?

matt rhoades

• Members

I got my girl friend to get me one of these for christmas.

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Fender-Modern-Player-Telecaster-Plus-Electric-Guitar-107274904-i2013859.gc

I loved the neck on the guitar. For the price of it it plays great. Might mod the pickups a little after i get to unwrap it. What kind of guitars are ya'll getting for christmas?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yeah mine told me she wanted to get me a guitar for christmas. Then i asked her what we were spending on each and she said 500 dollars. Took me a little while to come up with this, but for the price of it I am very happy with it. I had an 90s model fender tele plus with the lace sensor red and blue dual pickup in the bridge that i traded away many years ago. Allways wished i had it back so i found this one and might put that same pickup in the bridge. Pickups are really not that bad tho. Great instrument for the cost of it.

• Members

Yeah mine told me she wanted to get me a guitar for christmas. Then i asked her what we were spending on each and she said 500 dollars. Took me a little while to come up with this, but for the price of it I am very happy with it. I had an 90s model fender tele plus with the lace sensor red and blue dual pickup in the bridge that i traded away many years ago. Allways wished i had it back so i found this one and might put that same pickup in the bridge. Pickups are really not that bad tho. Great instrument for the cost of it.

just out of interest, what is she getting for her 500 bucks from you?

• Members

Nah. Last time I got a guitar for Christmas was..... about 1992, I think. My first one. Since then, never had the front to ask my folks to spend the kind of scratch on me that a guitar I'd like would cost (my current GAS list comprises two Squier CV 50s Teles, one 50s Strat, and an Eko Ranger 12 Custom - none of them hyper expensive, but more than I'd ask them to spend). Never been married and it's been years since I was in a relationship that saw one Christmas let alone enough where we'd have been spending the big ticket items, so a guitar isn't happening this year, nor does it seem n the cards in the future either. :idk:

Archived