Yngwie just gave me my new catch phrase

magentaplacenta

• Members
Yngwie isn't even fat by American standards.

-----------I recently stood next to him, and while he has a bit of a belly, he certainly isn't as overweight as most of the internet meatheads would have you believe:confused:, and I bet there a couple of thousand guys on this board who are a LOT fatter than him:thu:.................The REAL Rocker.

• Members

Darn..it looks like someone deleted all the YouTube Yngwie parody videos....:mad:

Anyhow...I think Yngwie is a pretty interesting from his interviews. He knows he can play fast he and doesn't seem to take himself that seriously. I think he also plays for the love of what he considers good music. I can see how people think he is an arrogant douchebag though. I have met and known blues guitarists who can only play 3 notes per minute (in the pentatonic scale) who are bigger douchebags than Yngwie. It's not like he is making hit records like Lady Gaga or Nirvana. That being said I'd never buy any of his product. His music is not to my taste.

• Members

He's one of the best guitarists ever, he just picked a really uncool style of music to play.

That's a dumb statement. All music as we know it evolved from classical, and like Malmsteen or hate Malmsteen..... his skill commands respect, and you know in 2 notes its him....... there is a lot of wankers from 80's hair metal.....or 90's "grunge" that all sound a like, and any of those players could be interchanged with another and no one would know the difference........

That's what I love about masters of the stratocasters....Beck, Malmsteen, SRV, Clapton, Knopfler, Johnson, etc..etc.... there is something about those guitars that allows for the most individualistic nuances of playing to come through.

• Members

?

I thought that it was Charlie Brown with a wig on, driving that Ferrari.

But remember.... the Malmsteen is a beast....for some reason, as a kid i always figured he was shrimp (Like Van Halen) ....but I have had people tell me that he is 6'5, 6'6.....260lbs. Speaking of Van Halen..... anyone notice the VH shirt the interviewer is wearing? The first interviews YJM did for Guitar FTPM back in the day...all he did was bash Van Halen, once saying "Eruption is like a joke, to prove that, I once played that nonsense with my teeth."

Archived