What's the ONE SONG in the history of music....that you wish YOU would have written

Dr. Scottie C

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

[YOUTUBE]OLzzlQj6b6M[/YOUTUBE]

This is the first one that sprung to mind, probably because I heard it on the radio recently but there are several for me. "Break on Through" (Doors), "Time of the Season" (Zombies) and "Red House" (Hendrix) are a few others high on my list.

• Members

we will rock you/we are the champions (it's one song dammit!)

I don't think the lyrics are that graceful for those though, there must be something better. Although, At least it's not "she was a fast machine..."

Easy. Whichever song has sold the most and made the most money.

oh god, nice to see rock around the clock is big but look what else is there... Tragic death can bring in a lot of money I guess.

• Members

Easy. Whichever song has sold the most and made the most money.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_singles_worldwide

White Chirstmas? :D

My two all time favourite songs are Everlong and Best of you by the Foo Fighters... however if I had to pick ONE, Id go with Best of You as I can relate to it better :):cry:

[video=youtube;kE7LRKwacr8]

• Members

I am looking for just one answer per member:

What is the ONE song in the history of recorded music that you wish you would have written?

That one song where you would die a happy man if every liner note of this one song said "WORDS AND MUSIC BY: (Your Name)

Discuss

"Happy Birthday to You."

Royalties, baby.

• Members

Perhaps 'Name' by the Goo Goo Dolls. It remains a song that I immerse myself in every time I hear it and conclude that it is perfect.

I'd also pick 'Drops Of Jupiter' by Train if it didn't have the fried chicken/soy latte part in the middle.

I could interchange the song with a bunch easily.

• Members

Though far from the 'best' song ever, for some reason, Meet Virginia was the first one that popped in my head when I saw the title of this thread.

:idk:

I'd also put Name reasonably high on the list of non-iconic songs I'd have been happy to have penned, along with Unwell by Matchbox 20 and Hey Jealousy by Gin Blossoms. I wasn't really blown away by any of these when they first came out, but thought they were fairly solid songs and I think have aged very well.

Perhaps 'Name' by the Goo Goo Dolls. It remains a song that I immerse myself in every time I hear it and conclude that it is perfect.

I'd also pick 'Drops Of Jupiter' by Train if it didn't have the
fried chicken/soy latte
part in the middle.

I could interchange the song with a bunch easily.

Archived