Only the lacquer left to apply and polish before this is done...

Greg Bogoshian

• Members

Seal coat and wood filler on it so you can see what it will look like. I will be finishing this next in lacquer... The fingerboard is pistachio and the body is Tulip poplar with a koa top and back. Scale is 25". Pickups will be Texas specials... It will feature the Strat 5-way with a push pull switch that will change positions 2 and 4 to all three pickups and positions 1 and 5 to the Tele Neck + Bridge.

Lefty_Cicada6s.jpg

Lefty_Cicada7s.jpg

Lefty_Cicada8s.jpg

Lefty_Cicada9s.jpg

Lefty_Cicada10s.jpg

Lefty_Cicada11s.jpg

Lefty_Cicada12s.jpg

Happy New Year!!

• Members

I'm a righty, myself, but at the show I set up at the Rochester International Jazz Festival, I couldn't believe how many lefties there were there that couldn't try out my guitars because I had no lefties in stock. I had never built one before. Kind of shamed me into it!

If you dont mind me asking, how much $$$ for a sweet axe like that?

• Members

I haven't priced it yet, but things are tough around here these days with my not having a job (or resultant income) and going to school until May. I would probably go around $1100 just to move it and generate some cash flow.... Of course, that means I wouldn't have a lefty in stock again... :D

• Members

I will have to change the finish from lacquer as the fumes are just too much without having a proper EPA spec hood to vent... 3 days later and I can still smell it and my wife's asthma was affected by it. I will have to cut it back and start over probably with a polyurethane... I may decide to use the polymerized tung oil though instead.

Archived