Seymour duncan sh5 in Bridge and sh1n in neck of SG?

wanderoo222

• Members

I have an SH5 in the bridge of my LP, my Dad has a '59 in the neck of his Sheraton.

I like both pups, I'm not sure how they would sound combined. The '59s are a little gritty, the SH5 is smoother and rounder. If you have them both laying around, there's no reason not to try it out. Otherwise, I would highly recommend SH5/Jazz combination. 59s are supposed to be SDs version of the Gibson '57 Classics but I honestly think SH5/Jazz is closer to that sound.

• Members

I have an SH5 in the bridge of my LP, my Dad has a '59 in the neck of his Sheraton.

I like both pups, I'm not sure how they would sound combined. The '59s are a little gritty, the SH5 is smoother and rounder. If you have them both laying around, there's no reason not to try it out. Otherwise, I would highly recommend SH5/Jazz combination. 59s are supposed to be SDs version of the Gibson '57 Classics but I honestly think SH5/Jazz is closer to that sound.

Interesting that they are considered the SD version of Classic 57's . I have no experience with sh5's myself.

• Members

sh-5 is a great hard rock pickup but if you don't want a bright humbucker i would go for something else. a lot of people love the sh-11.

i find the sh-1 a little underwhelming in the neck. the sh-2 seem to have a little more character and definition

i think sh-11/sh-2 would be a great combination

Archived