NGD: PRS SE 245 (non-Bernie Marsden ;))

cbh5150

• Members

Yeah, so I was really GASsing for the Bernie model, and coulda had one for about $450 during the triple-stack, but when PK pointed out a couple of used 245s at MF, this "like new" one triple-stacked to the tune of $381 :

The "Mazi Bee" memorial ;) shot:

PRSSE245007.jpg

I had a PRS SE Custom 24 for awhile - the 25th anniversary model that was one of the first SEs with the birds. They looked, however, REALLY cheap - just plain white, and no "pearloid" look. Thankfully, the newer SEs have seemed to correct that:

PRSSE245004.jpg

Cool headstock inlay as well, although it's hard to see in the pic:

PRSSE245003.jpg

Now, here is my only issue; it's VERY minor, but maybe the reason why it was returned: if you look at the lower half of the body, there seems to be an issue with how the veneer was finished - almost like there are two dark "boxes" side-by-side. Geddy inspected it and seemed to be a bit alarmed, but it doesn't bother me ;) :

PRSSE245008.jpg

PRSSE245005.jpg

PRSSE245006.jpg

Overall, I LOVE this thing - it is a big improvement over the "regular" SE Singlecuts (although they are still great as well) - thicker body, and I believe newer and improved pickups. Pickups sound very good and well-balanced. The wide-fat neck carve is glorious. And don't anyone give me that "PRS sounds sterile" bullshit - it will easily hang with a LP, especially when cranked through a Marshall-y amp :cool:

• Members

I daresay that it feels, plays, and sounds as good (or BETTER :eek:) than any MIA guitars that cost 10x as much!!!

:D:D:D:D:D

:poke::poke::poke::poke:

(just want to see of Doc Morb is reading this)

• Members

Grats on a sweet looking guitar...played a couple in GC today and have to say it is the first prs se thta I really enjoy the feel of. I think they ship with 9s though because the strings felt really slinky.

Damn, wish I would have seen the used deal at MF; my 2012 GAS has already flared up.

(@ )( @)

• Members

Grats on a sweet looking guitar...played a couple in GC today and have to say it is the first prs se thta I really enjoy the feel of. I think they ship with 9s though because the strings felt really slinky.

Damn, wish I would have seen the used deal at MF; my 2012 GAS has already flared up.

(@ )( @)

First thing I did was put 10s on it :). According to the PRS website, all the SEs come fromthe factory with 9s.

• Members

First thing I did was put 10s on it
:)
. According to the PRS website, all the SEs come fromthe factory with 9s.

I never really liked the strings they put on their guitars from the factory myself. Congrats on the non-Bernie! :)

Archived