NGD - PRS SE 245 Bernie Marsden

tweak'd

• Members

I've been wanting one of the SE 245 models ever since I played one a month or so ago in a local shop. But decided to hold out until the Marsden model was shipping. After finding a post here late Thursday night about stacking coupons at MF, I decided to take my chances on the quality of the top (I've seen some SE Singlecuts that were not so nice), because I could get it for $471 and change, shipped.

Included are a few quick pics I took today on my lunch break at work. Only had a few minutes with it, but my initial feelings are certainly positive. The neck is great and I like the addition of neck binding on this model. Vintage style tuners seem to hold tune fine so far. Pickups are ok. Nothing to get excited about...but...I really like the Peter Green mods that this guitar has. Really useful neck and middle positions. I'll be redoing a couple of my LPs, I'm sure...

Frontal nudity...I think I lucked out on the top...

IMG_6666-1.JPG

IMG_6665-1.JPG

IMG_6667-1.JPG

IMG_6669-1.JPG

IMG_6670-1.JPG

IMG_6671-1.JPG

• Members

Congrats! I made my Bernie thread a few days ago. She sounds as nice as she plays - enjoy!

I saw your posts...you got a nice one too!

Got her dialed in a bit more and this sweet little singlecut plays like a dream....I'm impressed. The guitar does not feel like any of the other SE models I've played and/or owned. Different feel... Love it.... Alot.....

• Members

At 24.5", there's only a 1/4" difference. I played it quite a bit last night and I'd say it feels and plays more like an LP than the original scale length models. As I mentioned in a previous post, this has a totally different feel than any other PRS I've played, SC or not.

Construction on the one I have is flawless. Really beautiful guitar...the best top I've seen on an SE model, as well. I certainly got lucky on that.

Archived