Randall RG80 Reissue!

csrowlett

• Members

I just got the new RG8040 amp! Does anyone else have one? I always wanted an original but they are hard to find in good condition with the weird footswitch included. Anyway, it's a great amp and at $250 it was a steal. Great 80s shred tones! It will give my Budda a break for awhile. Does anyone else have any experience with this amp?

• Members

My experience w the RG80 is all from back in the day. All the other kids were wanting Marshalls and Laneys. I got Randall and didn't regret it. The push pull treble for additional gain was brilliant! I always used the RG80 combo to show customers guitars when working in the music store where I was employed and had the RG100 head on my 1/2 stack (KMD 4x12). I do regret selling it. Weakest link was the weird 6 prong footswitch. It was cool to be able to switch from green to red chanels as well as mixing them but the cable was thick and plug was easy to f up.

Happy new amp day!

• Members

My experience w the RG80 is all from back in the day. All the other kids were wanting Marshalls and Laneys. I got Randall and didn't regret it. The push pull treble for additional gain was brilliant! I always used the RG80 combo to show customers guitars when working in the music store where I was employed and had the RG100 head on my 1/2 stack (KMD 4x12). I do regret selling it. Weakest link was the weird 6 prong footswitch. It was cool to be able to switch from green to red chanels as well as mixing them but the cable was thick and plug was easy to f up.

Happy new amp day!

They were great amps! Thankfully they did away with the goofy footswitch plug!

• Members

I don't think I've ever even played through one but yeah... back in high school, one of the other guys that played guitar had a head and a Fender 2x12 and he always sounded pretty great... He was a Pantera fan (who was a local/regional band at the time) and he was definitely a 'Randall FOREVER' kinda guy.

:lol:

I saw a combo either in a local guitar shop or at a pawn shop in the last 30 days or so and it made me a bit nostalgic.

• Members

The plug went bad or something on my old RG80. I was jonesing for a 2X12 combo, so I built a larger cab and hardwired the foot switch. It coils up and fits into a hinged compartment in the back. So does the power cord.

I have had Fender tube amps and even the Carvin 2X12 Bel Air but the RG80 still is my "go to" amp. Haven't tried a new one yet. 240568239.jpg

Surfy

• Members

The plug went bad or something on my old RG80. I was jonesing for a 2X12 combo, so I built a larger cab and hardwired the foot switch. It coils up and fits into a hinged compartment in the back. So does the power cord.

I have had Fender tube amps and even the Carvin 2X12 Bel Air but the RG80 still is my "go to" amp. Haven't tried a new one yet.
240568239.jpg

Surfy

That looks really good!

• Moderators

I just got the new RG8040 amp! Does anyone else have one? I always wanted an original but they are hard to find in good condition with the weird footswitch included. Anyway, it's a great amp and at $250 it was a steal. Great 80s shred tones! It will give my Budda a break for awhile. Does anyone else have any experience with this amp?

Pics or it's a Pocket Pod:poke:

• 1 month later...

Archived