Best Les Paul Copy

jkeeney1

• Members

Schecters are great, lots of LP styles there, Michael Kelly too. If ur just looking for strictly a traditional looking LP copy, Agile, Edwards are really good, ESP as well.

I don't have the Michael,Kelly yet - in search of the super low price and a Phoenix but I love my schecter and agiles!

You won't go wrong with these options

• Members

Epiphones have then bonus of actually saying "Les Paul" on the headstock. If you pick Epiphone definitly pplay them to pick the best one.

+ 1 and the Vintage brand, any model really, they have Wilkinson hardware. I drool over a p90 goldtop each time I go past my local shop. The Pete Green, Lemon Drop deserves a mention.

• Members

For the price of Epiphones these days I won't even look at them. I mean I'm not a snob or a cheap bastard; I'm just looking at best value regardless and the Agile I picked up used at GC is fantastic. I've owned Epiphone LP's from a pretty wide range of dates and both MIK and MIC and the Agile is just a better guitar. Granted it was one of their more expensive ones supposedly, but apart from the pickups and maybe the tailpiece I don't see how they'd do a whole lot of things differently.

It does weigh 4 kilotons though.

• Members

Do not buy Epiphone, everything else mentioned is pretty much OK, id'l add Vintage V100 on the list

Why? Epiphones are great guitars, especially the new Les Paul Pro FX!

39cc1c78-9091-4737-bd3d-f636c0df2436.jpg

Or if you don't care for the Floyd, the 50th Anniversary 1960 LP was a great guitar--i think there are still some out there. Great specs including a proper carved maple top with a veneer. If they aren't around, the Tribute 60's is its replacement.

20b786f1-a296-4c53-9101-e5877279ff3c.jpg

Then, there's the versatile Ultra in its various guises. The III has the stealthy neo mag pickup for acoustic sounds:

DV016_Jpg_Large_H71729.003_midnight_sapp

For $599, the Ultra Pro looks very promising--I think you'll have to wait a few months though:

DV016_Jpg_Large_H79041.001_vintage_sunbu

• Members

I'll vouch for the Les Paul Plustop PRO/FX being an excellent guitar. I was lucky enough to pick one up for $399 from Musicians Friend back in Sept. No problems in the fit and finish department. I'm very pleased with it overall.

• Members

The new ace frehely budakon looks interesting as well.

Why? Epiphones are great guitars, especially the new Les Paul Pro FX!

39cc1c78-9091-4737-bd3d-f636c0df2436.jpg

Or if you don't care for the Floyd, the 50th Anniversary 1960 LP was a great guitar--i think there are still some out there. Great specs including a proper carved maple top with a veneer. If they aren't around, the Tribute 60's is its replacement.

20b786f1-a296-4c53-9101-e5877279ff3c.jpg

Then, there's the versatile Ultra in its various guises. The III has the stealthy neo mag pickup for acoustic sounds:

DV016_Jpg_Large_H71729.003_midnight_sapp

For $599, the Ultra Pro looks very promising--I think you'll have to wait a few months though:

DV016_Jpg_Large_H79041.001_vintage_sunbu

• Members

Budget Les Paul, Collings WTF???

If the shape is not a big consideration, you might consider this baby: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Used-Washburn-Pilsen-Idol-Excellent-Condition-Must-See-/270897259395?pt=Guitar&hash=item3f12bc2383

It's an American made Pilsen Idol. I've wanted one of these ever since they first came out and never seen a price this low on a cherry specimen - must be the lack of inlays and appointments. I called the shop to ask about it and the clerk was extremely helpful saying that it had just come in on trade (Chicagoland area where they were made). He said he didn't know the year but said it was a W170 and did have the coil taps. Unfortunately for me it is one of the earlier ones before the weight relief chambering was done and he estimated it's weight btn ten and twelve pounds. Course if you go the Agile route it could be heavier than that.

Archived