No announcement yet.

Best Les Paul Copy

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Les Paul Copy

what are the best les paul copies for the price. i want a les paul but not enough money to buy a gibson. How is the Agile AL 2000
    Ibanez RG 321, Gibson Faded Explorer, Fender Squier Jazzmaster, Custom Finished Fender P-Bass

Vox Night Train 15

Good Transactions with:
    metal0822, silverring233

MY BAND

Member of the Explorer Club

bump
    Ibanez RG 321, Gibson Faded Explorer, Fender Squier Jazzmaster, Custom Finished Fender P-Bass

Vox Night Train 15

Good Transactions with:
    metal0822, silverring233

MY BAND

Member of the Explorer Club

Comment

I love my AL3000 and 3100 but the AL2000 IMHO is a bit less than a gigging guitar.

Get a AL3000 and you will be extremely happy
      Finally learning to enjoy something besides metal......and it Hurts!

Comment

'70s early '80s Burny, Greco, Tokai...
        -Bob-

Positive transactions with: EMGSTRAT

Comment

Schecters are great, lots of LP styles there, Michael Kelly too. If ur just looking for strictly a traditional looking LP copy, Agile, Edwards are really good, ESP as well.
          My weapons of choice:

-Eastwood Joey Leone Signature RBC
          -Washburn AG20CE Acoustic-Electric
          -Line 6 Flextone III Plus

Those that inspired me and continue to motivate me to play everyday:

Jeff Healey, Shinedown, Steve Vai, Doug Aldrich, Paul Gilbert, Andy Timmons, Zakk Wylde

Comment

Schecters are great, lots of LP styles there, Michael Kelly too. If ur just looking for strictly a traditional looking LP copy, Agile, Edwards are really good, ESP as well.

I don't have the Michael,Kelly yet - in search of the super low price and a Phoenix but I love my schecter and agiles!

You won't go wrong with these options
            Finally learning to enjoy something besides metal......and it Hurts!

Comment

absolutely LOVE my Agile AL-2000. Solid, smooth-playing, great-sounding and gorgeous. Mine was upgraded by previous owner with pickups from an AL-3000.

eventually i will buy an AL-3k with ebony fretboard and P90s.
              The most important part of my religion is to play guitar.
              Lou Reed

Comment

Epiphone...
                SPAM:

Custom Wired Strat Pickguard Assemblies - PM me to discuss specs & pricing

Good Trades: PunkKitty, mfergel, Norcal_GIT_r, Chuck1016, Elias Graves, hrcnsfan, ugameus, RosePickups, jelloman, Hookandcanman, Danocoustic

Comment

I haven't played an agile or some of the others. But, I would say used studio or an epiphany is the way to go. I think I got my studio used 4 years ago with a repaired neck for like $500.
                  Guitars:
                  2011 Gibson LP Traditional Plus
                  2004 Gibson LP Studio Alpine White
                  1996 Yamaha 121d w/SD screamin deamon
                  2002 Ibanez RG 470 MIJ
                  Yamaha Acoustic

Amps
                  Marshall JVM 210h
                  Vox Valvetronix AD15VT
                  Peavey Ultra 60
                  BlackStar HT-5 Combo
                  BlackStar HT-100

Cabs
                  Peavey Ultra 412
                  Marshall 1960a
                  Marshall MF280

http://www.facebook.com/sin4sin

Comment

Do not buy Epiphone, everything else mentioned is pretty much OK, id'l add Vintage V100 on the list
                    The Mojo that can be explained is not the real Mojo

Comment

Epiphones have then bonus of actually saying "Les Paul" on the headstock. If you pick Epiphone definitly pplay them to pick the best one.

+ 1 and the Vintage brand, any model really, they have Wilkinson hardware. I drool over a p90 goldtop each time I go past my local shop. The Pete Green, Lemon Drop deserves a mention.
                      I'm Me.Guild GAD M120E2006 50s Classic series MIM Fender Stratocaster 2 tone sunburst.2004 Epi LP Standard in Trans Blue With Tonerider Alnico 297 Epi LP Junior Red with pots, caps and the magnets in the pickup repleaced.Vox pathfinder 15RVox VT 15

Comment

Do not buy Epiphone,

Ignore this advice and find yourself an Epiphone Elite/Elitist...best Lester I have ever owned (including Gibson). Made like the old Gibsons.
                        "Go to the musicians, in the work of a few musicians you can hear every aspect of this conflict between light and dark within the soul.” - Hugh Maclennan/The Watch That Ends the Night

"And the guitar players, they look damaged...they been outcasts all their lives" - Jagger/Richards

Comment

I found an Agile 3110 HSBF.

Great Transactions: Vintage Clubber(2), deadllama, bnelly428, jcp42877(2), Aaron SS(2), Timmylikedthing, mikeyElite, Tone Meister, lespaulraider,solewheelin, randel_07, jhamnett, RoboPimp, twotimingpete, Last Nerve, jcm800stratman, d4rk0

Comment

Do not buy Epiphone, everything else mentioned is pretty much OK, id'l add Vintage V100 on the list

+1 on the Vintage V100, but I think the price will be too high in the States?
                            Electric: Gibson LP Classic, Fender American Deluxe Strat, Vintage AV6P

Acoustic: Yamaha APX500

Comment

I don't think the newer higher-end Epis are bad. Have been hearing a lot of good things about improved quality.

That being said, I have one of these on the way:

Comment

Working...
                              X