Can anybody identify this Yamaha Pacifica?

Frets99

• Members

107374155_lg.jpg

Has a Nirvana sticker

Seems like it has a cap from the picture.

Frets, that's probably a Pacifica 612v I have a 812v with a blue flame maple top alder body. Seymour Duncan pickups, Sperzel locking tuners and Wilkinson inspired R1000v bridge with stainless steel bridge. The main difference between the models being some the hardware and pickups. Mine is from around 2004-2006. The slightly older ones don't have the chrome dome knobs and a different bridge. I've imbedded a somewhat nutty YouTube review of 612v that I came across.

[video=youtube;mQj5TY6_j18]

• Members

Pretty sure the differences between the 412, 612 and 812 were the pickups and the hardware.

412 has Yamaha pickups (maybe duncan designed) and a Wilkinson copy

612 has a JB in the bridge, but the singles are the same as the 412, and a Wlikinson bridge

812 has a JB and two SD singles (can't remember exactly what the singles were), and a wilkinson bridge and the locking tuners.

They were all really nice. The bridge pickup is split via a push-push pot on the tone control (as opposed to push-pull).

• Members

Bloody ell you could dread the sticker
:eek:

Nope. Had it in my cart Sunday night. Decided I didn't really need a guitar, as nice a deal as it is. Hard to walk way from, especially at $119 delivered to my door. But I don't need it.

I don't need it.

I don't need it.

I don't need it.

Grrrrrrrrrrrr

Nope. Had it in my cart Sunday night. Decided I didn't really need a guitar, as nice a deal as it is. Hard to walk way from, especially at $119 delivered to my door. But I don't need it.

I don't need it.

I don't need it.

I don't need it.

Grrrrrrrrrrrr

Wow, that's crazy coincidence!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

IMAG0354.jpg

A couple good scars and a few scuffs. In bad need of strings; added black knobs I had, one new old tuner(missing nylon bushing on the driveshaft), a good cleaning and basic setup after switching to heavier flatwounds. No whammy bar included. Looks like basic neglect rather than heavy play, and GC didn't so much as change the strings or wipe it down. But I definitely feel it was worth the pricepaid. It is a fantastic playing guitar, and I could tell it would be even before the overhaul. No fretwear, very clean electronics cavity. Sounds good so far on my VOX mini3.

And it is definitely an PAC412V.

• Members

I have not checked out the new ones. the ones from the late 80s into the early 2000s were using necks made by Warmoth. Some people are collecting them now because of the price and the quality. The ones that I remember were made in Japan but the necks were made my Warmoth..Some came stock with Dimarzio pups. I used to see them around at pawn shops and such, I have not seen one in many years from that time period..

Archived