New Blackstar Day!!!!

elsupermanny14

• Members

I just bought this today at few hours ago. Blackstar HT1 head. It's a 1 watt amp head. Played at B-Street music for a while and walked out of the store with it. It was sort of purchased on a whim even though I was "looking into" getting one of this amps for a while now.

Obligatory pics!

Setting the unopened box on my bed.

100_1255.jpg

Breaking the seal!

100_1256.jpg

The amp!

100_1260.jpg

100_1258.jpg

The new mini-stack/home rig.

100_1263.jpg

• Members

Have fun with it. I have the HT5h and have been very pleased with it. I love all these new low wattage amps that are available now.

Yeah man I'm really excited that amp makers are moving into the really low watt range. I own a 5 watt Blackheart and it's still too loud to play without pissing off my neighbors. I bought an attenuator and even at 5 watts I have to "attenuate" the output so much that it sucks all of the highs out of the amp. I went out and bought this little 1 watt head, and to be honest, even at 1 watt, it is still too loud to play at full tube saturation levels. The difference however, is that when I use the attenuator on the 1 watt, I don't have to "attenuate" the output level too much and so it allows me to preserver the amps natural tone while playing at apartment acceptable levels.

• Members

considering the ht5 can shake the walls, I'm going to imagine the 1 watt is still pretty dang loud in the bedroom. I guess it makes sense. If you sorta need something in the 15 watt range or higher to play with a band, it's not clear what the point of something with 5 watts is. 1 watt seems like a great bedroom/recording amp.

• Members

I have been wanting to give a Blackstar a try for sure, HNAD!

The Blackstar amps are really, really well built. When you pick up the head and move it around it feels solid. No rattling, no loose feeling, no fragile feeling. As far as overall looks, the amp looks a lot more expensive than it really is. It looks like it was put together with quality looking materials and parts. Regular price of $249 and I paid $211 (15% off). At that price range, a 1 watt amp is a no brainer.

• Members

I've had the HT1R combo almost a year now and have no volume issues. I can get as much gain as I want with the volume never exceeding that of a living room TV. Of course the 8", extremely inefficient speaker helps with that. My trade-off is it will never sound as big as a 1-12 cab, but I'm expecting that from a 1 watt amp the size of a lunchbox.

For a guy who likes old Fender's and Marshall's I'll unashamedly admit these are really cool sounding amps with their own thing going on, especially the crunch to saturated tones with a Les Paul. Not my favorite clean, but useable.

Archived