Collapse
No announcement yet.

Red, White, Blues on PBS tonight 9:00EST

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I enjoyed the show for the most part, although it did seem a bit ironic that a bunch of white guys were playing blues for a black president.

Ha! Me too.

There have been a number of "From the White House" broadcasts in the last year or so, most have been pretty cool. If he doesn't win re-election they'll probably drop them..cause they already do Lawrence Welk re-runs and the like.
    I make hand painted vintage style fuzzes: http://www.lowbroweffects.com

Comment

LOL at erratic Jeff Beck. The highlight for me by far was Beck and Mick doing Commit A Crime. Incendiary...

Comment

I didn't have a problem with some of it being too rock. It was a tip of the hat to the fact that, blues is where we got rock.
        Originally Posted by Elias Graves

I'm like a degenerate Ben Franklin.

EG

Originally Posted by silverring233

and i don't know why i want one, i just want one

Proud member of the $50 Black Jay Turser V Club

Comment

LOL at erratic Jeff Beck. The highlight for me by far was Beck and Mick doing Commit A Crime. Incendiary...

Jeez, that song didn't happen for me. Obviously no rehearsal, it was REAL loose, though that's not necessarily a bad thing, it felt awkward. The ending, in true Stones fashion, was a disaster. I love Beck (Admitedly his earlier stuff grabs me more than the whammy reliant stuff of late) but he seemed out of place, at least for me. We can agree it's cool to disagree.

Comment

Working...
          X