stomias

• Members

Yes, dot deluxe. Had a Gibson in the '60's. Sold it in '72 for $400. Paid half of that for the Epi and it is as nice as the Gibson that would now cost about $10,000!

That is the strange thing about the vintage market; guitars that would be considered dogs even today are still worth tens of thousands of dollars.

Congrats on the new guitar again!

• Members

The red looks awesome. Dots are awesome bang for their buck. Would love to have a Gibson, but I have mouths to feed! Just got my deluxe in trans brown:

IMG_4487.jpg

I love that finish :eek: If you don't mind me asking, can you tell me when Epiphone made those? I looked up trans brown epiphone dot deluxe on google and not much information popped up...

• Members

Thanks! I did a search and found nothing. Wanted a red like Stomias but the brown is really growing on me. The neck is a bit bigger than most dots. The action is low... Makes for afast neck. The tone (thru my Swart) is rich. Anyway, it is a 2000 Korea. I am not the original owner but it was purchased at Long and Mcuade (Canada)

• Members

Yes, dot deluxe. Had a Gibson in the '60's. Sold it in '72 for $400. Paid half of that for the Epi and it is as nice as the Gibson that would now cost about $10,000!

There's nothing like an A/B test 40 years apart to come up with a solid tie.

Nice guitars nonetheless. Have a blast!

• Members

Wow, a pro! Very impressed but you'd think a pro would at least get his guitar's model right in the thread title.

:rolleyes:

Thanks for the help!!!...........................I'm REALLY impressed by your detailed list of gear. I hope it isn't wasted on your skills.

Archived