Charvel So Cal Series: OFFSETS!!!!

notjonahbutnoah

• Members

Heh, made ya look.

But seriously, Charvel, Y U NO offsets?

How awesome would a So Cal series Jazzmaster be? With a floyd and maple board and cool colors.... DiMarzios. Man, why haven't they done this?

Skate/Surf Casters don't count.

It would be so easy, no special parts would have to be created other than the bodies. Seems so obvious and yet...

• Members

Charvel had never made ugly Schecter-alikes like those in their new Desolation line either, so I don't think the tradition argument holds much water. A hotrod Jazzmaster would make a lot more sense than some of those set neck/flame top atrocities.

those desolation pieces of {censored} will be blown out soon enough.

• Members

Heh, made ya look.

But seriously, Charvel, Y U NO offsets?

How awesome would a So Cal series Jazzmaster be? With a floyd and maple board and cool colors.... DiMarzios. Man, why haven't they done this?

Skate/Surf Casters don't count.

It would be so easy, no special parts would have to be created other than the bodies. Seems so obvious and yet...

I understand where you're coming from but their Desolation line is full of offset bodies.

2931110557_frt_wlg_001.png

2931210557_frt_wlg_001.png

I mean, they don't have maple and their colors are boring. Maybe you want DiMarzios, but Skatecasters definitely do count.

• Members

the entire Surfcaster line sold poorly, and were well after Charvel's heyday.

And yet, today people pay through the nose to get an original Surfcaster because of their absolute awesomenosity... Skatecasters might not count, but Surfcasters circa 1994 most certainly do count.

As for the Desolation stuff in general, I kind of dig it. The visual is way too Schecter looking, but once you play one, it's a very solid feeling guitar. I don't see them going away any time soon.

• Members

They are indeed a niche product, but man, a So Cal Jazzmaster (they'd prolly call it a Style 3) would sell like something that sells even faster than hotcakes. Us high output guys like offsets too, but that doesn't me we think abalone looks good. Icky!

I understand where you're coming from but their Desolation line is full of offset bodies.

2931110557_frt_wlg_001.png
2931210557_frt_wlg_001.png

I mean, they don't have maple and their colors are boring. Maybe you want DiMarzios, but Skatecasters definitely do count.

No! That's no Charvel. That's a Schecter that says Charvel on it for some reason. MAPLE BOARDS! ACTUAL COLORS! PICKGUARDS! That's what I want. An offset that actually looks like a Charvel. {censored}, they could use the Skatecaster body. Call it a Greatcaster or a Master Batecaster, just slap the So Cal Parts on (ok so they'd have to cut some new pickguards.... big deal) and bam. Guitar gold.

• Members

Also, I think a shreddy Jazzmaster would sell really poorly. It's hard to sell 9 pound guitars to shredders, and it's hard to sell Floyds to tone guys.

9 ain't bad, that's about what my So Cals weigh. I just think the shreddy guys have had strats and pointies for so long, they'd quite like an offset. Hell, Jim Root (I know, not shreddy) has a Jazzmaster with two EMG's and a hardtail. I think there's a market for it, but maybe I'm wrong. :idk:

Archived