Great Bands That are Still Performing

Surfdude

• Members

My boy is sixteen and he has always liked 70's and 80's rock. I didn't go to a lot of concerts back then. I saw Ratt and Aerosmith and the Dead and a few others. Hung out for a while at the LA club scene.

My question is.....What classic bands are still around that I could take my boy to before they begin to suck or break up or have members die off?

The bigger the better. Something for him to always remember. Roger Waters is playing locally as is Van Halen and Heart. Actually , several old bands will be local but are they still worth seeing? Who would you recommend?

Surfy

• Members

Another vote for Iron Maiden here. I saw them last year and they were excellent.

But also UFO, based on their new album. Vinnie Moore is surprisingly awesome as an old-school blues rocker.

Robin Trower is also always touring, but reviews here have been decidedly mixed.

• Members

AC/DC is a sure thing. Saw them a little over a year ago and just as high energy as when I saw them in the late 80's.

Tom Petty is on the road, he always gives a great show.

Alice Cooper usually has a summer tour, I saw it 3 yeaars ago and still all the craziness that is Alice Cooper. It was actually better than the hey stoopid show I went to.

Hope that helps ya

Archived