What I did today...

billythegoat

• Members

Finally got around to testing out the Apex 440 USB mic I got for Christmas. Not a demo for the mic, the gear or a great testament to my playing or producing abilities. Just whipped this together when I had a chance to steal the computer away this afternoon. It is what it is, enjoy :)

http://soundcloud.com/billythegoat/sunday-apex-440-test

• Members

Sweet! Thanks!

If work pisses off for a few hours this weekend hopefully I can relax and actually get a whole song down. A little more upbeat of course.:)

Ya I am really impressed with Boss on that RV-5, I was using the Hall setting pretty much cranked. I love the Room setting and almost always run with that on. As for the amp, Low input and the dial sitting around about 9 out of 12.

• Members

Fendery cleanness... drippy reverb... atmospheric melancholy... right up my alley. I really liked it.

I'm surprised you could get an SG into a Champ 600 to be quite that bright. Did you tweak the EQ in Audacity?

Regardless, I really liked it. :thu:

• Members

Haha Thanks!

No tweaking, just slammed the mic right up against the grill and hit record. I am very new at home recording. I have recorded in a studio a hand full of times and tried to absorb as much as I could but it was a bit overwhelming and the guy moved so quickly.

The amp is stock other than an old GE 12AX7. I had adjusted the pickups on the SG to taste a while ago. I have always played a Telecaster so I am assuming I just subconsciously tried to emulate that tone.

Archived