What I did today...

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

Conversation Detail Module
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What I did today...

Finally got around to testing out the Apex 440 USB mic I got for Christmas. Not a demo for the mic, the gear or a great testament to my playing or producing abilities. Just whipped this together when I had a chance to steal the computer away this afternoon. It is what it is, enjoy

Good dealings with ~dcindc x2~alleytrash~ashasha~jjegg~Yavin

Oh and I used Audacity, I know it isn't the best but it's free.

Sounds good. Nice and Mellow.
      Quite hypnotic, I could have nodded off?
      “One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching”
      Gerard Way

I like it a lot.

Great clarity, love the reverb.
        Geezer Brigade Trooper #30
        1st generation Irish

Sweet! Thanks!
          If work pisses off for a few hours this weekend hopefully I can relax and actually get a whole song down. A little more upbeat of course.
          Ya I am really impressed with Boss on that RV-5, I was using the Hall setting pretty much cranked. I love the Room setting and almost always run with that on. As for the amp, Low input and the dial sitting around about 9 out of 12.

Fendery cleanness... drippy reverb... atmospheric melancholy... right up my alley. I really liked it.

I'm surprised you could get an SG into a Champ 600 to be quite that bright. Did you tweak the EQ in Audacity?

Regardless, I really liked it.
            Originally Posted by Doctor Morbius:

"When it comes to gear vs talent I'll be the first to admit that I sit in the Mayor's seat in Poserville."

Haha Thanks!

No tweaking, just slammed the mic right up against the grill and hit record. I am very new at home recording. I have recorded in a studio a hand full of times and tried to absorb as much as I could but it was a bit overwhelming and the guy moved so quickly.
              The amp is stock other than an old GE 12AX7. I had adjusted the pickups on the SG to taste a while ago. I have always played a Telecaster so I am assuming I just subconsciously tried to emulate that tone.

Nice tones. The tune itself has kind of an Ennio Morricone meets Metallica vibe to it.

Impressive sound quality for a fairly low end mic. Nice song as well. Good job!!