What artist(s) or band(s) music do many people seem to like.....but you cant stand???

Dr. Scottie C

• Members

So we have all been there..... music is playing of some band or artist...others are "feeling it" while you are as limp as Chaz Bono at the Ricky Martin.

So which band or artist don't you get..... who makes you say "wtf, how the F did they get a record contract?"

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Most classic rock and current Top 40. I mean, I can rock out to something like Kashmir by Zeppelin, but something like the Lemon Song is just {censored}ty wankery - like most classic rock. Lynard Skynard is another one. I can't remember a time in my life when I could ever get into anything they did, and I thought Freebird was a horrible song...even before I knew it was "Freebird"! :idk: It does depend on my mood though for a lot of classic rock. I don't get todays top 40 though, no variety IMO. When I was growing up there was some country crossover, some classic rock, some singer-songwriter stuff, some new wave stuff. I don't know, it just seemed more varied.

• Members

For me, it's always been mostly Lynryd Skynrd, The Allman Brothers, and especially, The Eagles. While everyone is jammin to Hotel California, I would just basically wonder, "Do I really have to like this?" Unfortunately, those three bands comprise about 30% of what's on Classic Rock stations anymore.

• Members

I have to admit, I don't mind a lot of top 40. That said, I don't really like Adele. I remember a few years back when iTunes gave away one of her songs for a free single-of-the-week, and it was really meh. Vocals, tune, everything. Now for some reason, everyone thinks she's the best singer out there. She doesn't suck, but I didn't dig her then, and I still don't. I won't make the complaint that she shouldn't have a record deal, though. It's not like she's Miley Cirus (thank god her fame is dwindling) or Nicki Minaj.

• Members

Pink Floyd and Radiohead. Don't like either of them. BOOORING. But I do understand why they got their deals, I understand their music, and I do think the are original...it's not like I hate them....just don't get the fuss.

An HCEG favorite that I think is totally over rated and very boring is Joe Bonamassa. To me he sounds like exactly what he is....a suburban white "blues prodigy" who chose to play the blues like other people choose to be a dentist. To me he is completely soulless, and every bend he does screams 'fake!'. Derek Trucks also has this effect on me but to a much lower degree. Another "child prodigy"...go figure......

Black Keys.....not bad, but I'll stick with the white stripes....nothing I've heard from them has ever even made me want to steal their album let alone buy it.

• Members

Guns'n'Roses and Radiohead.

GnR are just one of the most overrated bands ever. I mean, a pretty tight, rocking band, but rather generic. Nothing special to my ears, and then you add that whining, warbling primadonna twat Axl on top singing lyrics that sound like they came out of some junior high kid's notebook and I just never got the appeal. Back when they kicked off people were talking about them as if they were saving rock and roll from extinction or something. What a load of garbage.

Radiohead are, in theory, a band I should like because I admire acts that try to do something fresh or unique. I just don't think they pull it off well. Therer are a couple of tracks on their first album or two that are decent pop songs, but when they began to experiment and stretch out more, they just got boring and pretentious IMO. I have tried--really tried--to bond with Kid A, OK Computer and a few other albums and there is just absolutely nothing there that ever makes me want to hear it again. At least GnR has some rock swagger and an element of fun.

• Members

Too many to list, but almost anything that's supposedly "rock" on the radio these days.

Muddslide, you should check out Radiohead's "Pablo Honey" album if you haven't already. It's got that song that can get old quick on it, "Creep" but the other songs are great. This album is more straight rock and less experimentation. I didn't care much for anything after that album from them.

• Members

Muddslide, you should check out Radiohead's "Pablo Honey" album if you haven't already. It's got that song that can get old quick on it, "Creep" but the other songs are great. This album is more straight rock and less experimentation. I didn't care much for anything after that album from them.

That's what I was trying to say. This is my take on them as well, pretty much. Pablo Honey and even The Bends have some decent pop on them. After that they just kind of crawled up their own assholes. I admire them for trying new things; I just don't find the aural results very interesting or listenable.

• Members

I may get burned alive for saying this... but... I really don't like the Beatles :idk:

Before you get your panties in a bunch, I'll say this: I may not "like" their music, but there's no way I could not respect what they did for rock and roll. Honestly, I feel the same way about Hendrix :idk: Don't really enjoy his tunes, but again there's no way I can't appreciate his innovation on the guitar. I hate how he is ALWAYS the #1 guitar player of all time. #1 Guitar innovator of all time, Yes. #1 best player ever... ehhhh thats quite a stretch

• Members

Radiohead, 311, foo fighters, and i agree with Kuz929 On the Beatles but lets leave Jimi out of this. J/K. I didnt like hendrix until i started playing guitar. little wing and Bold as love are works of art.

Archived