Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The new Ibanez premium S's!

Found some pics and some interesting features! First off, they both have a cutaway at the back of the lower horn allowing easy access to the upper frets! 2nd: the back of the neck on the s920e is painted black! Looks like its a satin finish though (you can see the tape marks at the top of the neck)

Anyway, enjoy!

Ibanezs, and other pointy style guitars are hit or miss with me, but that first one is pretty awesome looking.
    Gear: CV 50s Tele, Michael Kelly Patriot Standard, VOX Pathfinder 10, Fender Mustang I, Cheapie Maestro Acoustic

Originally Posted by Blackface

I'm not biased or anything, but everyone should think what I think.

Originally Posted by fly_with_v

Read, judge, and keep it to yourself, no one cares.

Comment

Would love to see them ditch the pickup selector plate, but still a sweet a looking axe!
      Besides being a guitar player,
      I'm a big fan of the guitar.
      I love that damn instrument.
      -Steve Vai

Comment

They look nice but is the toggle switch on the black one in a bad spot or is it just me?
        One MIA Fender Strat, one Gibson Les Paul, one Martin Acoustic, what more do you need?

http://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/...ps92b32f13.gif

Comment

That black one... fuuuuuuuuuuuu want

Comment

Yeah the black one looks really sleek! It's making me rethink my rule about not buying any black guitars XD

I'm really hoping they release a blue quilted one like their prestige model :P those are way too expensive for me :P

Comment

great! if only it was a 7, and had SS frets and had an ebony board and no silly bound body and was neck-though and....I like the bridge still.

Comment

They don't look very "premium" to me, honestly. I mean the finish on the brown one is upscale but that style of bolt on construction just has a cheap look about it, to me. Plus the back is more plastic than wood.
                Guitars:
                Schecter Diamond Series S-1
                Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
                Schecter Damien Elite 8
                B.C. Rich Chuck Schuldiner Tribute Stealth
                B.C. Rich Mockingbird Special X
                Fender MIM Standard Telecaster
                LTD B-5E
                Peavey Raptor Plus

Amps:
                Laney Ironheart IRT60H
                Engl Gig Master 15
                Peavey XXX 212
                Roland Cube 30
                Vox AC4TV Mini
                Acoustic B200H
                Behringer Blue Devil 1x12

Comment

They don't look very "premium" to me, honestly. I mean the finish on the brown one is upscale but that style of bolt on construction just has a cheap look about it, to me. Plus the back is more plastic than wood.

Same construction as some J-Customs that cost $3k+...the AANJ is great to play, and the 'plastic' back is a plate covering a trem cavity-not much you can do about that?
                  LarryProud Member: Mazi Bee MilitaGreat deals With: messiahofevil, Belt. xtchc1978, baddmann28, Overwhelmed987,OldGtrNovice,Ejendres and SlaveUnitWon't deal with: Bluesmann (counterfeit guitar fan)

Comment

Saw one of the spalty ones in store a few weeks ago... Really nice. I dig that shape.
                    Originally Posted by Hopeless

I wouldn't recommend them for metal, but then I also wouldn't recommend playing metal.

Originally Posted by Django Sentenza

When you've founded an entire branch of science dedicated to quantifying taste, get back to me.

Comment

Same construction as some J-Customs that cost $3k+...the AANJ is great to play, and the 'plastic' back is a plate covering a trem cavity-not much you can do about that?

You could get rid of the trem! That'd be a huge improvement, IMO. And the control cavity seems kinda huge. Regardless, I know it's solid, the look of it just bugs me. Especially with the flat black sort of finish. I don't see why they don't just make them a set neck or neck-thru, if they're using a non-standard neck pocket anyway.
                      Guitars:
                      Schecter Diamond Series S-1
                      Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
                      Schecter Damien Elite 8
                      B.C. Rich Chuck Schuldiner Tribute Stealth
                      B.C. Rich Mockingbird Special X
                      Fender MIM Standard Telecaster
                      LTD B-5E
                      Peavey Raptor Plus

Amps:
                      Laney Ironheart IRT60H
                      Engl Gig Master 15
                      Peavey XXX 212
                      Roland Cube 30
                      Vox AC4TV Mini
                      Acoustic B200H
                      Behringer Blue Devil 1x12

Comment

What's that thing that looks like a huge screw in the trem cavity in the back?

Comment

What's that thing that looks like a huge screw in the trem cavity in the back?

It's the thumb wheel for adjusting the spring tension. The ZR (ZERO Resistance) trem system is one of Ibanez's proprietary designs. The bridge pivots on roller bearings instead of a knife edge. Below is a more detail description fro the Ibanez website.

ZR TREMOLO - This unique system stabilizes the bridge and insures tuning stability by consistently returning the tremolo to the center point (or zero point). In addition to the usual tremolo springs, the Zero Point System features two additional springs which insures the bridge

Comment

Working...
                          X