Xaviere guitars?

LordOVchaoS

• Members

Hi guys :wave:

Curious who's tried these and what you think of them?

From the specs and price it seems you can't go wrong.

I expect them to need a proper setup and possibly some pups but... at that price, who cares?

Experiences?

Thinking about buying a tele and a strat :thu:

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

ive never had one but ive ehard nothing but good things, the pickups arnt the best but they arnt the worst ether, a nice setup and ur good.

another website u ca check out is

rondomusic.com if u havnt yet. they have cheaper ones usually just need a good setup and u can mod to ur hearts content

• Members

ive never had one but ive ehard nothing but good things, the pickups arnt the best but they arnt the worst ether, a nice setup and ur good.

another website u ca check out is

rondomusic.com if u havnt yet. they have cheaper ones usually just need a good setup and u can mod to ur hearts content

Thank you!

I've bought several rondos over the years and they do sound and play good but... I can't get over the looks :( They're just proportioned wrong or something. Their "metal" guitars are great looking but I don't dig the Fender clones.

That's why Xaviere caught my eye, they actually look like the guitars they're cloning at a VERY fair price! I'm drooling all over that natural, solid ash strat on the site!

• Members

Thank you!

I've bought several rondos over the years and they do sound and play good but... I can't get over the looks
:(
They're just proportioned wrong or something. That's why Xaviere caught my eye, they actually look like the guitars they're cloning at a VERY fair price! I'm drooling all over that natural, solid ash strat on the site!

Please, reach to your left and get a wad of that kleenex and get that saliva off your monitor.:)

• Members

I've gone through several xavieres and I have another one -- an xv610 -- showing up any day now.

I've had a couple issues but guitar fetish has a generous return policy so they were sorted out -- other than that, I'd have to say that they're generally "much better than you might think, but not quite as good as a MIM or CV".

it's highly subjective and maybe some people think they are as good. bottom line is they get the job done, so in that sense they come recommended.

• Members

I have 3 and the 3 I have play well, but they feel like an SX in terms of playability, the electronics and pickups are obviously better however.

I was expecting their LP's in the 200-350 ish range to be on par with Agiles of the same price, but in terms of playability, they are not. Pickups are still a little better than Agiles though..

• Members

I've been eyeing down at least half a dozen of them and wishing I had the money...the mahogany chambered LP knockoff with the P90 and humbucker is calling my name...but so is the Tele knockoff with the flame top, and the semi-hollow tele with Dream 180's, etc, etc...

• Members

Does anyone own one of these? If you do could you please post some pictures of yours? Thanks!(this one belongs to someone on TGP). What was the model number for this guitar?

xavypageyjr001.jpg

Well the shape is that of the XV-700 like this.

xaviere_2a.jpg

I don't recall if the shell tops shared the same model number. And of course the Zemaitis style headstock which I much prefer. :cool:

BTW have you tried emailing Jay?

• Members

I have 3 and the 3 I have play well, but they feel like an SX in terms of playability, the electronics and pickups are obviously better however.

I was expecting their LP's in the 200-350 ish range to be on par with Agiles of the same price, but in terms of playability, they are not. Pickups are still a little better than Agiles though..

the connessuier of cheap

Archived