Twin Reverb and Mustang 2 Twin - video

wagdog

• Members

enjoy demos by people that can play.

The breakup from the MII , that the amp or mic? wasnt pleasant sounding

I'm pretty sure it's from the mic, didn't notice it when playing. I also think it's interesting how the amps respond differently to the tubescreamer.

• Members

Thanks man.

I'm pretty sure it's from the mic, didn't notice it when playing. I also think it's interesting how the amps respond differently to the tubescreamer.

Ok so you were in the room whats your view? I own a MII love it. I sold my 1976 twin 5 months ago.

• Members

Ok so you were in the room whats your view? I own a MII love it. I sold my 1976 twin 5 months a i go.

I think the fender mustang line of amps are the greatest guitar gadget to come along in a long, long time. I use mine all the time for practice w/headphone, jamming w/backing tracks and recording direct.

I built that twin into the chasis of a super twin. Its heavy and loud, but I love the tones.

• Members

Very nice to hear the comparison. If any criticism were to be made, it would be that Mustang sounds just a tad more brittle, but that could be due to any number of reasons.... I got my mustang because of the twin sounds and the money that can be saved, and the fact you can do all those other models too.

How about one more demo that is more chord chunka chunka oriented as opposed to those lovely mostly single note goodies you laid on us? Seems chords are more complex and might highlight differences to a greater degree.

Those are great amps.

• Members

Well, like others have mentioned, the Mustang sounds good but perhaps too calculated or precise opposed to the Twin which seems to have a more rounded/fuller sound. Pretty good of the Mustang to come even close given the price though.

Thanks for the demo.

• Members

Well, like others have mentioned, the Mustang sounds good but perhaps too calculated or precise opposed to the Twin which seems to have a more rounded/fuller sound. Pretty good of the Mustang to come even close given the price though.

Thanks for the demo.

and size. I wounder how much fuller the open back 2x12 150w MIV would compare.

• Members

and size. I wounder how much fuller the open back 2x12 150w MIV would compare.

I wonder that as well. If I were to gig a mustang amp, I think it would have to be at least a III or a IV. A buddy of mine has the V and a 4x12 cab - it sounds pretty darn huge.

Archived