Fender Princeton Chorus....should I grab it?

steve_man

• Members

I had one with two 10's and it had a wonderful clean tone, which is mainly what I wanted it for. It sounded great at low to medium volume, but I found that when I turned it up a bit at a gig the bass response got really boomy. Even with the bass knob on the amp turned down to 1 or 2, it sounded terrible, so I sold it. Maybe it was just that particular amp - I don't know. But for use at moderate volume, it was an excellent sounding amp. If you could get it for $120 or less, its worth checking out.

• Members

I think you could get your money back without too much of a problem if you sold it later. There would just be the hassle of selling it.

Would running your mustang & vox amps in stereo with the m13 basically do everything & more than the Fender PC?

• Members

I think you could get your money back without too much of a problem if you sold it later. There would just be the hassle of selling it.

Would running your mustang & vox amps in stereo with the m13 basically do everything & more than the Fender PC?

Honestly, I don't know. If I remember right, this amp actually runs in stereo, right? I don't NEED it, but at that price...I may just have to snatch it up! Waiting for the guy to call me back about it.

• Members

Get it. If you can negotiate a little lower, all the better. If that's the amp in the photo, it's in nice shape. Be sure to ask if everything works and try it out before plunking down your dollars. As one poster said, killer chorus. I got mine in pristine shape for one bill. I put a couple of Eminence 10's in mine and it's not going anywhere!

• Members

I picked up one of these today from my local CL. Great clean sound and the chorus is amazing! BTW I traded an old Kenwood surround receiver I had kicking around that I had listed on CL for $60 for it. My score of the year to this point. If the one local to you is still available I would grab it at that price. I havent been able to really crank this one yet so I dont know if it will have the boomy bass at higher volumes, but at the levels I play with at home I'm loving the sound so far.

Archived