Leo's Greatest Mistake

Django Sentenza

• Members

0144602306_001.jpg

Undoubtedly this was Leo's most problem-plagued invention. In terms of comfort it's at least better than a Telecaster, but it's inferior to the Tele, Jaguar, and Jazzmaster due to:

• Inferior, almost unusable vibrato system with no subtlety

• "Third wheel" middle pickup

• A truly terrible control layout, with no tone control for the bridge pickup, no way to select neck and bridge pickups, and a volume knob so close to the strings that you have to adapt your playing technique to avoid accidentally turning yourself down

• The weakest, most anemic clean tone of any Fender guitar

• Incorrect string angle behind the bridge (a problem shared by the Tele)

Discuss.

• Replies 854
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Great, then we can agree that Thriller is the greatest album of all time, given its sales figures.

No, no! That's not how you troll! Who do you think you are? J.J. Pistols? Not after two months, my friend. You don't shoot the wad on Michael Jackson right out of the gate. You gotta' work up to it! Start slowly.... Since two of us posted similar comments: something like "Do you two know each other?" You've got to build the irritation! Ugh... rookies!

• Members

No, no! That's not how you troll! Who do you think you are? J.J. Pistols? Not after two months, my friend. You don't shoot the wad on Michael Jackson right out of the gate. You gotta' work up to it! Start slowly.... Since two of us posted similar comments: something like "Do you two know each other?" You've got to build the irritation! Ugh... rookies!

These kids today....

He deserves a good ole "STFU n00b!"

EG

• Members

Yeah second only to the greatest mistake Great Britain ever made letting these no talents out!!! LOL

The-Beatles-the-beatles-25344269-653-497

I mean dude come on...

OH and BTW to everyone the above pic and comment is supposed to be the Epitome of Scarcasm that i could think of...BEATLES RULE!

• Members

Yeah second only to the greatest mistake Great Britain ever made letting these no talents out!!! LOL

The-Beatles-the-beatles-25344269-653-497
I mean dude come on...

OH and BTW to everyone the above pic and comment is supposed to be the Epitome of Scarcasm that i could think of...BEATLES RULE!

The Beatles killed rock n' roll.

• Members

OK, I'll play:

Incorrect string angle behind the bridge (a problem shared by the Tele)

What is the problem, exactly? I've never played a Strat and though "wow, that string angle sucks."

I do find it interesting that Leo wasn't a player, and some of his designs were a little goofy (the middle strat pickup, for example). He also made most of his decisions based on practical business/manufacturing considerations, not tonal ones (nitro finishes, amp designs basically copied out of the RCA radio handbook). Nonetheless, these things have become unassailable icons. Leo was usually right, but not always for the right reasons.

Archived