No announcement yet.

Leo's Greatest Mistake

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leo's Greatest Mistake

Undoubtedly this was Leo's most problem-plagued invention. In terms of comfort it's at least better than a Telecaster, but it's inferior to the Tele, Jaguar, and Jazzmaster due to:

• Inferior, almost unusable vibrato system with no subtlety
    • "Third wheel" middle pickup
    • A truly terrible control layout, with no tone control for the bridge pickup, no way to select neck and bridge pickups, and a volume knob so close to the strings that you have to adapt your playing technique to avoid accidentally turning yourself down
    • The weakest, most anemic clean tone of any Fender guitar
    • Incorrect string angle behind the bridge (a problem shared by the Tele)

Discuss.
    DJANGO!

Originally Posted by jjpistols

Try telling anyone here that they aren't a genuine bluesman, many will argue and call you names. Trust me. Then they tear apart their cubicles and smash their smartphones and just cant get any blues done at all.

Originally Posted by Motorik

That's a negative, Ghostrider. Surf was not the lowering of standards, surf was the last point before standards got lowered. Surf exemplified the optimism and wholesomeness of American youth, before they got corrupted by longhair, dope, and the communist Beatles.

Heh heh. This oughta be good.

EG
    We're not in Kansas anymore.

Comment

Trollin', trollin',trollin'
      Keeps HC a'rollin'
      RAWHIDE!
      Originally Posted By Trace-P38
      Flogger wins.

Originally Posted by Uma Floresta View Post
      Because we floggers won the music war some time ago.

Originally Posted by Mike Riley View Post
      Preaching to the choir Rush in on a whole different level to quote a movie You might listen to Rush but you cant here Rush

http://www.box.net/shared/x85lhnst14

Comment

I'm sure their sales figures would disagree.

I love mine even with the hang ups (don't like the 7.25" radius).
        Guitars:
        PRS Single Cut Trem
        PRS CE22
        Fender CIJ Strat
        Ibanez GSR180

Amp:
        Digitech GSP1101
        Peavey Classic 120 Power Amp
        Marshall 1936 2x12

Good deals with Satannica, Kaz2550, SimonC, Markymarc1979, Chris.novak

My Music: http://soundcloud.com/steve-p-5

Comment

... And yet somehow they appear on hundreds of millions of hit records. Go figure.

Comment

I'm sure their sales figures would disagree.

I love mine even with the hang ups (don't like the 7.25" radius).

Great, then we can agree that Thriller is the greatest album of all time, given its sales figures.
            DJANGO!

Originally Posted by jjpistols

Try telling anyone here that they aren't a genuine bluesman, many will argue and call you names. Trust me. Then they tear apart their cubicles and smash their smartphones and just cant get any blues done at all.

Originally Posted by Motorik

That's a negative, Ghostrider. Surf was not the lowering of standards, surf was the last point before standards got lowered. Surf exemplified the optimism and wholesomeness of American youth, before they got corrupted by longhair, dope, and the communist Beatles.

Comment

Great, then we can agree that Thriller is the greatest album of all time, given its sales figures.

No, no! That's not how you troll! Who do you think you are? J.J. Pistols? Not after two months, my friend. You don't shoot the wad on Michael Jackson right out of the gate. You gotta' work up to it! Start slowly.... Since two of us posted similar comments: something like "Do you two know each other?" You've got to build the irritation! Ugh... rookies!

Comment

No, no! That's not how you troll! Who do you think you are? J.J. Pistols? Not after two months, my friend. You don't shoot the wad on Michael Jackson right out of the gate. You gotta' work up to it! Start slowly.... Since two of us posted similar comments: something like "Do you two know each other?" You've got to build the irritation! Ugh... rookies!

These kids today....

He deserves a good ole "STFU n00b!"

EG

Comment

He's been here longer than a couple months, my friend

He just had to tweak his user name for his presence on HCEG.
                  Originally Posted by Doctor Morbius:

"When it comes to gear vs talent I'll be the first to admit that I sit in the Mayor's seat in Poserville."

Comment

He's been here longer than a couple months, my friend

He just had to tweak his user name for his presence on HCEG.

I'm shocked.

EG

Comment

^^^^^ I never would have guessed. What an amazing use of technology. Nope... slipped that one right past me. LOL

Comment

Leo didn't have anything to do with that guitar! Look at the tuners and headstock truss rod access!
                        >>>Click here for my list of smooooov deals!

Comment

Yeah second only to the greatest mistake Great Britain ever made letting these no talents out!!! LOL

I mean dude come on...

OH and BTW to everyone the above pic and comment is supposed to be the Epitome of Scarcasm that i could think of...BEATLES RULE!
                          "The function of music is to release us from the tyranny of conscious thought"
                          Sir Thomas Beecham

Comment

I figured his biggest mistake was selling the company.

Comment

Oh yeah, big mistake, huge. I hope all my mistakes are as successful and profitable.
                              Must...buy...guitars. Will strong....body weak!"Take your wands out, both of you." -- Hermione Granger

Comment

Working...
                              X