Great strings for Humbucker solidbodies!

docjeffrey

• Members

A couple of times a year I order a bunch of different strings from Http://www.juststrings.com just for experimentation. For years, I've used D'Addario XL Nickel Round Wounds, and they are pretty good. But I put a set of these on my Alex Lifeson and holy crap! They really add some cool zingy top end. I'm gonna order some more and try them on my semis. I like this gauge, 10-45. They work great with my Floyd. Yikes! $18 a set.

juststrings_2202_989983988

Yes, I'm worth it--at least that's what my AL Axcess keeps telling me.

life1.jpg

• Members

I like their RP110s on my semi-hollow. Same strings, but with heavier bass - 10-50.

The appear to be a cut or two above the normal Ernie Ball/D'Addario style strings. The tuning stability is noticeably better. I haven't touched my Lifeson since Monday and it was in perfect tune which is a first. But the tone is just incredible. I never thought much about strings affecting tone. It seems that no matter which of the popular brands I put on my guitars, they all sounded pretty much the same. These ARE different. I'm gonna get a set of their flatwounds for my Gretsch 6120.

• Members

The appear to be a cut or two above the normal Ernie Ball/D'Addario style strings. The tuning stability is noticeably better. I haven't touched my Lifeson since Monday and it was in perfect tune which is a first. But the tone is just incredible. I never thought much about strings affecting tone. It seems that no matter which of the popular brands I put on my guitars, they all sounded pretty much the same. These ARE different. I'm gonna get a set of their flatwounds for my Gretsch 6120.

Ha. I just replaced the flatwounds with the RP110s because I liked the brass coated trebles, but decided I am really not a fan of flatwounds - they are just too dull sounding for my taste.

Archived