Harmony Central Forums
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Great strings for Humbucker solidbodies!

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great strings for Humbucker solidbodies!

A couple of times a year I order a bunch of different strings from Http://www.juststrings.com just for experimentation. For years, I've used D'Addario XL Nickel Round Wounds, and they are pretty good. But I put a set of these on my Alex Lifeson and holy crap! They really add some cool zingy top end. I'm gonna order some more and try them on my semis. I like this gauge, 10-45. They work great with my Floyd. Yikes! $18 a set.

Yes, I'm worth it--at least that's what my AL Axcess keeps telling me.

I like their RP110s on my semi-hollow. Same strings, but with heavier bass - 10-50.

Comment

I like their RP110s on my semi-hollow. Same strings, but with heavier bass - 10-50.

The appear to be a cut or two above the normal Ernie Ball/D'Addario style strings. The tuning stability is noticeably better. I haven't touched my Lifeson since Monday and it was in perfect tune which is a first. But the tone is just incredible. I never thought much about strings affecting tone. It seems that no matter which of the popular brands I put on my guitars, they all sounded pretty much the same. These ARE different. I'm gonna get a set of their flatwounds for my Gretsch 6120.

Comment

The appear to be a cut or two above the normal Ernie Ball/D'Addario style strings. The tuning stability is noticeably better. I haven't touched my Lifeson since Monday and it was in perfect tune which is a first. But the tone is just incredible. I never thought much about strings affecting tone. It seems that no matter which of the popular brands I put on my guitars, they all sounded pretty much the same. These ARE different. I'm gonna get a set of their flatwounds for my Gretsch 6120.

Ha. I just replaced the flatwounds with the RP110s because I liked the brass coated trebles, but decided I am really not a fan of flatwounds - they are just too dull sounding for my taste.

Comment

Yowzers. I was pretty interested in trying out a set until I saw the price tag. I think I'll stick with my String Dog strings.

Comment

They're cheaper in Germany.

Comment

T-I makes great strings for sure. I've never tried their roundwounds, but the flats are dreamy. Anytime I see a set in a clearance bin I'll grab them, but at regular price I'm not quite worth it, I'm afraid.
              Hey, Cancer! **************** You!

Comment

Working...
              X