Show me your SG's! NOW!

Hand Amputation

• Members

So, I ordered a Fender Modern Player Tele Plus from MF a while back.. It's been pushed back on backorder again... So I am thinking about canceling the order and picking up an SG. I own a Jazzmaster, so I would like something with humbuckers (hence the Tele Plus).

One question.. Would I be better off with a high-end Epi, or a lower-end Gibson. I have only played one Gibson SG, and I didn't really bond with it. It was a SG Special that felt weak IMHO. I'd really like a black or sunburst one..

So, what say you? Let's see those SG's!

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I love the Classics.. I just wish they would come in brown, sunburst, or black. But I guess that wouldn't be classic!
:idk:

I'd take anything other than red, I'd really like to have two for live work, as I switch between tunings. That would make everything easier.

Anyway, SG's are my personal favorites. I need some updated guitar pictures, so I will just post some in action ones.

My Classic, which I've bonded with to a near unhealthy extreme:

553151_10150639329692911_782147910_92646

My Faded special, my first decent guitar:

183596_185793188124920_105208919516681_3

The Faded will be getting a much deserved rewire at some point here.

• Members

This is almost exactly what I want, but I wouldn't mind if it was a little more 'beat up'.
:love:

It doesn't show up in the pictures but that SG is very road worn. I bought it on vacation at my favourite shop in Cicago and whomever the previous owner was for sure road it hard and put it away wet, lots of checking, nicks, dings, and fade to the finish. It still sounds and play like a million bucks though.

• Members

I have an Epi G400 which is really nice. Low action, straight neck, easy playing, great tone (stock pickups and electronics).

DSC03448.jpg

DSC03454.jpg

I also have a Gibson SG Standard which is absolutely PHENOMENAL!! Same characteristics as the Epi but an even more awesome feel to it! And it smells wonderful (nitro finish).

DSC04610.jpg

DSC04614.jpg

Both SGs have a pretty chunky neck ... which I love!! :cool:

Both sound about the same. The Gibson has a little more clarity to the tone though.

[video=youtube;fTo7_53T7fc]

Archived