No announcement yet.

Show me your SG's! NOW!

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Show me your SG's! NOW!

So, I ordered a Fender Modern Player Tele Plus from MF a while back.. It's been pushed back on backorder again... So I am thinking about canceling the order and picking up an SG. I own a Jazzmaster, so I would like something with humbuckers (hence the Tele Plus).

One question.. Would I be better off with a high-end Epi, or a lower-end Gibson. I have only played one Gibson SG, and I didn't really bond with it. It was a SG Special that felt weak IMHO. I'd really like a black or sunburst one..

So, what say you? Let's see those SG's!
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Happy to oblige:

Guitars: 3 Partscasters (SSS, SSH, and Tele), Gibson SG Special Faded (heavily modified), Fender Classic Player Thinline Telecaster
    Effects: RMC4 Wah, Fulltone Fulldrive 2 Mosfet, Dunlop BoG Fuzzface, EHX Soul Food, BYOC TS-808, EHX Deluxe Electric Mistress, MXR Phase 90, Way Huge Aqua Puss Delay, TC Hall of Fame Reverb
    Amps: Silverface Champ, Blues Junior with BillM mods

Comment

That's pretty! I'd love to have an SG with a Bigsby!
      ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Special Faded - not pretty, but sounds great (not weak at all)
        Guitars: Enough
        Amps: Enough

Comment

Do Epis and Gibbys have the same neck carve? That's my favorite thing about my SG, so something to think about if they don't...
          ~Heel

Comment

See, these are pretty SG's, but the 'Special' I played just feelt really, really cheap..
            ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Front and center with a few friend.

family shot by strungout180, on Flickr

Comment

Member of the SG Army

Comment

I will have another Classic someday.
                  ~Heel

Comment

I love the Classics.. I just wish they would come in brown, sunburst, or black. But I guess that wouldn't be classic!
                    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Front and center with a few friend.

family shot by strungout180, on Flickr

This is almost exactly what I want, but I wouldn't mind if it was a little more 'beat up'.
                      ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

HC GREAT WHITE OUT SURVIVOR 2012 , RIP those that didnt make it.

Rutles meet them , know them , love them , touch them
                        http://www.rutles.org/rstory.html
                        QUOTE=midnightlaundry Your ****************************, no help reply is exactly why I hate this board.
                        Suspicion Breeds Confidence

Originally Posted by Django Sentenza

Watch out, there are some terribly bothersome trolls around here.

Comment

^^^ Now that's different, and cool! ^^^
                          ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

I love the Classics.. I just wish they would come in brown, sunburst, or black. But I guess that wouldn't be classic!

I'd take anything other than red, I'd really like to have two for live work, as I switch between tunings. That would make everything easier.

Anyway, SG's are my personal favorites. I need some updated guitar pictures, so I will just post some in action ones.

My Classic, which I've bonded with to a near unhealthy extreme:

My Faded special, my first decent guitar:

The Faded will be getting a much deserved rewire at some point here.
                            Live Rig:
                            Gretsch Tenny and Gibson SG Classic -> Some neat effects -> Peavey Classic 50 410 and/or Marshall JTM60 310
                            Need an exceptionally cheap sound guy in the general Western Pennsylvania area? PM Me.
                            Do you like Free Candy? Yeah? Then like my band!
                            Had a good trade/transaction/deal? Click here to tell HCEG about it!
                            Proud to be 1st Lieutenant in the SG Army Special Forces

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X